Hostelling International Washington DC

Hostelling International Washington DC Rates and Deals

Hostelling International Washington DC Reviews

magera magera
Great location Aug 13, 2010
I stayed here for three nights and was pretty happy with the experience. Staff were ok maybe not as overtly friendly as other hostels but never rude or unhelpful. The location is excellent, walking distance to all the major sights and a subway station close by aswel. It also offers a few walking tours and bar crawls. The building is very old and has the slowest and noisiest lift ive ever come across but overall I would happily stay here again.
montecarlostar montecar…
Horrible hostel in US capital Jun 18, 2005
This hostel is like the hostel of terror. It was about my third time in the United States when I went to DC and stayed at this hostel. The location is very good, I cannot deny that, just a few blocks from the white house. When I arrived the first thing I noticed was that the hotel staff was very rude and inattentive. The facilities are very old and in serious need of restoration. The door to my room was almost falling apart. Overall, I never felt safe or welcomed in this place. The elevators made a noise that reminded me of a cheap horror movie of the 80’s.

Maybe this is not the hostel’s fault, but when I got into my room there was a nude man inside it. He was one of my roommates and I guess he could do whatever he wanted, but I felt even more stressed after that, being this my first hostel experience after that wonderful hostel in Zacatecas, Mexico. After thinking a little about it, I decided to leave. I’d rather stay in a cheap motel than this. Fortunately I did find one.
montecarlostar says:
You're welcome Sarah! Avoid this one!
Posted on: Feb 28, 2010
sarahsan says:
Thanks for the warning Carlos!
Posted on: Feb 28, 2010