Hostelling International - New York

Hostelling International - New York Rates and Deals

Hostelling International - New York Reviews

LadyAnabelise LadyAnab…
HI New York Mar 27, 2011
We booked this hostel around a month in advance. It is not cheap for a hostel but it is New York so I cant complain. We were lucky to get a four bed room for four of us so we didnt have to share with anyone. The staff were super friendly. The place is nice and clean. They have many activities that you can join both with small fee and free. We did both. It is very close to Central Park and convenient to get around by subway. There was no breakfast provided (when we were there) but you can buy some food from a supermarket and put it in the fridge which we did. we met some nice people there and did hang out together. So over all we enjoyed our stay and I will definitely go back there if I go to New York again.
Me and my friends at the hostel's …
Around the hostel
There is a Mc Donald near by
Shopping for our breakfast
Trippple3 Trippple3
Typical HI Hostel Jun 15, 2011
Very happy with the hostel although for a 12 bed dorm it was pretty expensive. I understand Manhattan is one of the most expensive places on the planet but for a 12 bed dorm? C'mon!

Very clean bathrooms and decent showers, with clean towels included. Located on 103rd close to the subway and short walk to central park.

I'd recommend it, although it feels like it has no personality - it's just too big at nearly 700 beds! The people behind the desks are friendly and willing to help out, no complaints there.

Overall your standard, comfortable hostel!
Melli_H Melli_H
Great atmosphere, worth its price Mar 30, 2011
It's a great hostel - the staff is very friendly and they organize a lot of tours and events. There are different sightseeing trips every day and pub crawls, club nights or comedy shows happening at night. The rooms and bathrooms were fairly clean.

The location is about a 10-minute subway ride from midtown. So it's a little bit further north in Manhattan but there are two subway lines very close by that take you everywhere. Central Park is also around the corner.

Highly recommend it, even though it is a little more expensive than other hostels in NY.
amvalcarcel amvalcar…
Hostelling International is hip, clean and convenient! Jun 21, 2011
This hostel is very large. Its location is perfect. It is away from the hustle and bustle but close enough to Central Park and the Subway to call it convenient. The service was very friendly and organized and I recommend it to everyone I talk to!
Popolipo Popolipo
Nice and near the metro! Apr 23, 2011
Hostelling Internation New York was really a great place to stay! Clean, very friendly, easy to make friends and very well placed on the map, super close to the metro. They organise activities and tours for free which can be a great experience and a good way to meet new people!
skosch skosch
Clean, quiet and fun Feb 26, 2011
I couldn't find this entry when I first wrote this, so it ended up here

[if you're an admin, can you move it?]

Hostelling International - Amenities

• Laundry service
  • Excursions
  • Garden
  • Nightclubs
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Towels
  • Designated Smoking Area
  • Family Room

Related Travel Blogs About Hostelling International - New York

next stop Washington DC
Arrived in America`s capital city to be greeted by more freezing temperatures.  Amazingly it felt even colder than New York.  Again I chose to stay at the Hostel International, as its well …city to be greeted by more freezing temperatures.  Amazingly it felt even colder than New York.  Again I chose to stay at the Hostel International

Check Hostelling International - Rates and Deals