Hostelling International Chicago Summer Hostel

Hostelling International Chicago Summer Hostel Rates and Deals

Hostelling International Chicago Summer Hostel Reviews

abhmalat abhmalat
A traveler's delight! May 15, 2010
Chicago!! I was planning to visit the city ever since I got to the US. Had to wait for four months for the school semester to wrap up, but the day was finally here.

I found HI Chicago online after some searching. The reviews were quite positive and so, I decided to book it. Turns out that was the best decision I had made in summer :)

After I reached Chicago, I was able to locate the hostel quite easily, although this did involve me looking at my hand-drawn map while walking on busy streets and looking absolutely stupid! But that wasn't too bad - I had assumed I would be hopelessly lost, given the enormity of Chi-town's downtown area. The receptionist was friendly and charming, in spite of having a big queue of people right till the exit door! That tells you a lot about the popularity of a hostel.

The room and my bed looked clean and neat with white linen. I have seen a fair share of unclean rooms in hotels; this being a hostel surprised me with it's cleanliness. The room had four bunkbeds (i.e. for 8 men). I was also given a locker, it could've been a bit bigger. But it wasn't so much of an issue for me, I was traveling light. They have separate rooms for men, women, families and private rooms.. take your pick.

The breakfast in the morning was nice and fresh. The breakfast area was on the second floor overlooking a junction, so you had the rattle of the subway every 7/10 minutes. I didn't mind it, Chicago's subway train is one of the many things I love about the city!

The best experience for me was meeting so many travelers all around the world, all under one roof! Made so many new friends, and surprisingly, almost all have kept in touch. Had a professor from Senegal visiting Chicago for an IT conference as my roommate. Found a beautiful Russian damsel as company the next day to explore Chicago with me. Met a couple of English travelers who were looking for people to join them on a cross-USA tour. I almost packed my bags to leave with them, but found a job right when I went back to Indy, and so had to cancel :( My first stay at a hostel convinced me look up hostels every time I plan to travel.

All of this, that too at a price of less than 30 USD per night! I'd recommend this place in a heartbeat :)
Chicago, while on my way to the ho…
The hostel lobby on the second flo…
Me in the lobby with a bull, I thi…
Outside the hostel

Hostelling International Chicago Summer Hostel Overview

With its central location, Hostelling International Chicago is within easy reach of most tourist attractions and business addresses in Chicago (IL).All hotel's guestrooms have all the conveniences expected in a hotel in its class to suit guests' utmost comforts. In-room facilities include air conditioning, separate shower and tub, mini bar. The amenities and services offered at this Chicago (IL) accommodation include shops, laundry service/dry cleaning, meeting facilities, disabled facilities, WiFi .The hotel provides a warm and welcoming service of international standard. To make your booking at the Hostelling International Chicago Chicago (IL), please enter the dates of your stay and sumbit our secure online booking form.

Hostelling International Chicago Summer Hostel Amenities

• Lake
  • Ticket Service
  • Audio/Visual Equipment
  • Wheel Chair Access
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shared Bathroom