Hostelling International Boston

Hostelling International Boston Rates and Deals

Hostelling International Boston Reviews

cbarryva cbarryva
Great value, safe, clean, a chance to meet people Dec 21, 2015
I have stayed at Hostelling International Boston 3 times - once in an older location and twice in the newer location.

Each time the place was a great value, safe with opportunities to meet people. I am still friends with two women I met during my first stay in the hotel in 2008!

I stayed in all-female dorms each time I was there, but they also have all-male and co-ed dorms as well. This location is very modern and new (built within the last few years, I think), so it is very well-maintained and bug-free.

Although the crowd can tend to be younger (late teens/twenties), I have seen a range of ages and even some families, too.

A good experience and I will stay there again next time I am in Boston!
emjaaay2 emjaaay2
Affordable for College Students on Budget Apr 22, 2012
Well, few of my friends and I went up to Boston for a weekend during the summer of 2011. We got there in the afternoon, and were few hours ahead of the check-in time. However, the staff were very friendly, and let us check-in early with no extra charge, whatsoever. Also, one of my friends left his ID at home, but they really helped us out by going through the right processes so he can stay. It didn't take longer than 10 minutes!

The place was really neat, because we were 2:2 guys and girls, we had separate rooms. I shared a triple room, which came with a three lofted beds with desks underneath, 3 dressers and a nice bathroom. The place was very very clean. I am not a big fan of bunk-beds, so I didn't enjoy the climbing. They did provide the sheets and towels and all.

Later on, we met another roommate, she was from Arizona, travelling to meet a friend, and we really had fun talking and all. It was a fun experience.

The hostel is located on a main road, not too far from the train station. It's a walkable distance, and they have a lot of places to eat near-by. Also, if you climb up to the penthouse, you can see a skyline of downtown Boston and Fenway Park!

Overall, it was not bad of a place for my first hostel, and I really did enjoy the stay.
ladybug22 ladybug22
very cool modern city centre hostel Nov 27, 2012
Located at 19 Stuart St right next to China Town. Fantastic hostel in the centre of Boston so walking distance to everywhere. New this year, 2012, very cool vibe about it, big loft / warehouse design with vibrant colours. Friendly easy check in, activities planned every day either out and about in Boston or in the hostel in the evenings. Fantastic breakfast included in the price. All ages staying there, great mix of people. Selection of bars and restaurants nearby. Only downside was no parking so had to park in city parking which cost an extra $36 for one night, remembering Boston is not a cheap city but so the parking fee didn't really surprise me! Definitely stay here any time I'm lucky enough to visit this great city!
anupa_rk anupa_rk
Great location, great people Jul 03, 2009
Located at 12 Hemenway Street, this little hostel is a nice place to stay in if you're looking for a cheap place while in Boston.

It is well connected by the subway system and getting to and from the airport is quite convenient.

The website is comprehensive and details their amenities, location and other relevant information.

They offer free internet access, although the range is quite limited. You have to get down to the dining area on the ground floor to be able to access the internet. They have some vending machines in the dining area. There also is a kitchen with the basic utensils in case you want to cook up a meal for yourself.

The neighborhood is littered with tiny eat outs that provide great food at a reasonable price. So you're never going to want for food!

The dorms are priced between $30-$40 and you can get a private room for about $120.

HI has a membership that you can take up in case you think you will be using a lot of their hostels. They also have a scheme wherein you automatically get enrolled as a member if you spend 10 nights at their hostels.

Linen and lockers are provided to all guests and as in all hostels, there are dozens of coupons and pamphlets that will help make your Boston experience a memorable one :)
anupa_rk says:
Hey Seb.. Glad to be of service! :D I see that you're off to Boston soon. Have fun!
anupa_rk says:
Hey Aurelie! Thanks.. and how have you been?? All going well here. Work keeps me more busy than I'd like! How's NY treating you?
xsebast says:
Thanks for the review! It will help me!

Hostelling International Amenities

• Bath / Hot Tub
  • TV
  • Laundry service
  • Excursions
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shared Bathroom
  • Shower
  • Bathtub/Shower Combination
  • Vending Machines

Related Travel Blogs About Hostelling International Boston

Welcome to Boston and no i`m not a marathon runner
I had arranged to take the lucky star coach from New York to Boston.  Anyone thinking of travelling by coach, I would highly recommend lucky star.  They are far better than Greyhound. …Hostel Internation, Boston.  It was pointed out the Boston marathon was due to take place the following…

Check Hostelling International Rates and Deals