Hostel of the Sun

Hostel of the Sun Naples Reviews

Vipin Vipin
Great fun and really lovely staff May 25, 2011
Value:

I paid about 18 Euros per night here, which is the going rate for cheap hostels in Naples.

Free internet access is provided on two computers, but you might have to wait in line during peak times. Free wifi availability for those with their own laptops though.

Breakfast is included in the price, and consists of a decent range of yoghurt, juice, cereal, canned fruit and bread.

Location:

A very straightforward walk from the main train station and incredibly accessible for sightseeing and pizzerias!!

Cleanliness:

Great, nothing to complain about.

Amenities:

Nothing to mention of note. The staff provide great hints and tips about travelling around Naples and Campania in general. Highly recommended.

Each dorm room has a balcony, and there is a clothes line. Washing machine is available for a few Euros too, and they print stuff out for free (the odd email or e-ticket, i didn't ask them to print a mega document for me!).

Bed:

Again, not much to mention. The space is a little comfy, but nothing major to worry about.

Bathroom:

Fine. Small and not many, but they are decent enough.

GREAT!! The staff are super friendly and really make you feel very welcome. A very nice social atmosphere with all the people there too. They watch DVDs in the common room each evening, or the big football match if applicable. Cocktails are reasonably priced too. Really fun and super friendly people - out of the ones I've stayed in, they are probably the best hostel in Italy for friendly service.

Highly recommended.
mireya33 mireya33
BEST HOSTEL IN NAPOLI!! May 12, 2011
i did a last min. booking at hostel of the sun, i just happened to come across it and at the time i just wanted nothing else then to get out of rome just because my hostel in rome was really bad so i booked at hostel of the sun really fast right before i headed to napoli that morning. The moment i walked into the place i felt at home. the staff was amazing !! i was given info about the area and where to eat. i was asked what my plan was during my stay and whatever it was they gave me the full download on that as well. if i ever go back to napoli i will with out a doubt stay at this place!
peeves peeves
Fun, Friendly Hostel with great staff May 04, 2011
I had an awesome time at this hostel. It was close to the train station and not too far from any sights. The room was colourful and clean and the common room was fully stocked with movies. Laundry facilities were available. Our hostess took us out to an amazing dinner at this authentic restaurant and then brought us to a few bars at night. All the staff was really helpful and friendly and helped me arrange day trips and find food, etc.
AggieRockStar AggieRoc…
Functional backpackers lodging Apr 03, 2011
This is a great place for backpackers to crash when the day is done. I didn't spend much time at the hostel, but they had a t.v. with a fairly wide range of movies.

There were lots of people to socialize with. I don't remember the bathroom sucking, which means it was probably pretty good.

The only downside was the elevator. On any day but Sunday you had to pay .10 euro to operate the elevator, and you had to have exact change. As the hostel was on the 7th or so floor, and major, major stairs were involved, I would pay if carrying a heavy bag.

There was nothing spectacular about this place and nothing really bad. An average hostel if ever there was one.

Hostel of the Sun Amenities

• Air Conditioned
  • DVD Player
  • Excursions
  • Laptop
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Games Available

Related Travel Blogs About Hostel of the Sun

the best hostel in the world?
My first few days in Naples I stayed at a hostel named "Hostel of the Sun" (HOTS).  Lonely Planet had listed this hostel as their pick for the city.  The Hostelworld website lists it in the…Naples I stayed at a hostel named "Hostel of the Sun" (HOTS).  Lonely Planet had listed this hostel
Day 17: Napoli....Ti Amo
7:37 pm: I ended up meeting up with my roommate and a few other people last night in Venice and we went out for a couple drinks but I didn't stay out too late. I woke up at 5:30 this morning (gaah! …Naples is pretty easy to navigate. The hostel is sooo nice (Hostel of the Sun). I definitely recommend it. It has free…

Check Hostel of the Sun Rates and Deals