Hostel del Refugio

Juan Alvarez 927, Guadalajara, Mexico
Hostel del Refugio - This is how it looks on the outside... lots of graffitti and no hostel sign or anything
Hostel del Refugio - The common area
Hostel del Refugio - The door to one of the rooms
Hostel del Refugio - Bed
Hostel del Refugio - That's all you got to keep your clothes
Hostel del Refugio - The shower wasn't bad... but with hot water would have been better!

Hostel del Refugio Rates and Deals

Hostel del Refugio Guadalajara Reviews

montecarlostar montecar…
There must be better hostels in Guadalajara... Nov 14, 2010
I stayed at this place for a few days before moving to my new apartment in Guadalajara. I booked it because I needed a place to sleep for a week, and the price was reasonable ($90 a week). They have different plans, so you could book rooms for a day, week or even on a monthly basis.

The first thing I noticed was the lack of signs in the main door, it just looks like a regular house from the outside.

The room wasn't uncomfortable, but you don't have closets, and only a small piece of furniture to put on your clothes, so if you think of a long stay this might not be the best place.

As most budget hotels/hostels in Guadalajara, there is no heating unit, air conditioning or hot water in the shower. They seem to rely on the lovely weather of this city. I found the lack of hot water particularly uncomfortable, especially as I had to wake up early everyday to go to work. I had my own bathroom, but there are shared rooms without a private bathroom.

The staff isn't the most friendly ever, not rude, but not very welcoming either. If you are looking for this place to have fun, you better go look for another hostel. The vibe es zero, no mood and no chance to meet anyone, as nobody seems to be in the common areas. A couple of the nights were a bit noisy, as someone decided to practice their keyboard lessons at 2 AM.

I have to say the room and the hostel were very clean. If you stay a week or longer, you got a maid, every week to do the room for you. One thing I must mention though, is that there were lots of mosquitos, specially at night, and it was annoying as I didn't even have a fan to keep them away. They were buzzing on my ears all night long and biting my hands if I kept them over the blankets.

Also, the area this hostel is at is not the best. The neighborhood is kind of dark at night, and accounting for the amount of graffitti on the walls, doesn't seem very safe. It's also not a walking distance to any of the major attractions of this city, but it is fairly close to the train station.

Anyway, if you look for a quiet place to stay, and you don't mind not having hot water, you might want to try it, but I am sure there are better hostels in Guadalajara.
This is how it looks on the outsid…
The common area
The door to one of the rooms
Africancrab says:
I'm looking through the different hotel reviews.
Posted on: Mar 01, 2011
montecarlostar says:
Jajaja gracias Wilfredo!
Posted on: Nov 16, 2010
wilfredoc2009 says:
en espaƱol por favor... jajaja mentira es una broma... buena informacion...
Posted on: Nov 15, 2010