Hostel Zeus

Hostel Zeus Rates and Deals

Hostel Zeus Athens Reviews

snieraeth snieraeth
Worth the look May 27, 2011
So, my first thought when my taxi driver dropped me off at this very dark, very unlit corner of Athens, Greece at 1:30 in the morning that was milling with prostitutes plying their trade was, "Holy crap. What the h@*l did I get myself into?" Luckily, it was something pretty good. Hostel Zeus is one of my favorite hostels that I've ever stayed in. It's got a rooftop terrace to hang out on, the staff was amazing and helpful, telling my friend and I about all these great things to see in Athens not in Lonely Planet or which bus to catch. All the major tourist attractions (traps) are completely within walking distance - 5 minute walk from Monastraki Square, 30 minute walk from the Parthenon. You get the picture. But the best part is is that it is right across the street from one of the best coffee places in Athens: Mocha!

My friend and I paid about 12 Euros/night in Feb (might cost a bit more now), so the price is incredible for where it's located. Definitely worth the look!
time2panic time2pan…
Boring :( Apr 30, 2009
First of all I would like to say sorry to Hosel Zeus. Their location really is terrible but to bo honest there's not alot they can really do about that. Unfortunatly there are loads of 'ladies of the night' practically right outside the front door. I also think I remember that on a certain website they stated that they had a on site bar, they didn't. According to one of the reception guys it'll be ready in a weeks time but god only knows how it really is going to be like or even if it really will be ready in one week. There was alot of renovation work going on whilst I was there so you never know, lol.

The rooms in general are an average size. The rooms all have a sink in as far as I am aware, mine also had a desk, chair and mirror, which helped when generally getting ready.

The showers were a tad strange. Normally you have a cubical so that you can get undressed and put all your toiletries, here however wher you would get undressed ect, is where another person would get undressed too. Maybe its not much of a big deal with guys but I found it uncomfortable.

Yes ok the internet was free but there was only 2 computers and no Wi-Fi. There was also no sence of common room to mingle with other guests, which i think is important. Overall I dould definatly not recommend this place to anyone!

Check Hostel Zeus Rates and Deals