Hostel Uppelink

21 Sint-Michielsplein, Ghent, Belgium
Hostel Uppelink - Living room
Hostel Uppelink - The view from the dorm. This is the very centre of historical Ghent. What more do you ask for?
Hostel Uppelink - This is it. YES! This is actually the hostel. Ain't that nice?
Hostel Uppelink - Living room/dining area
Hostel Uppelink - Kitchen
Hostel Uppelink - Living room/dining area
Hostel Uppelink - Living room

Check Ghent Hotel Deals

Hostel Uppelink Ghent Reviews

Pearl510 Pearl510
This hostel makes me proud to be a Belgian, that's how good it is! Aug 16, 2014
I've stayed in a lot of hostels over the years, but this was the first time I booked one in my own country. What can I say? Uppelink made me proud.

There is absolutely nothing bad I can say about this place.

The location is perfect. It's in a gorgeous historical building right across the Sint Michiels church and bridge. The common areas and even my dorm room had splendid views over the river, the Korenlei and the historic part of town. It was magnificent. I'm sure not even the Hilton would have been able to compete with something like this.

The interior too, was really cosy. The kitchen big and modern, a nice, better than average breakfast served in the morning in the atmospheric living room with plenty of places to sit and hang around.

The staff was really friendly and helpful, the room and bathroom spacious and clean, the bed was comfy and the price is good value for Belgian standards.

I recommend this place and that's an understatement. I really can't imagine there to be a better value, nicer looking hostel in Gent and the location is unbeatable. Unless you're visiting especially for a concert (in which case you might want to stay out of the historic centre and closer to the concert hall), this is the place to be.

I'm going to be back in Gent and when I do, I'm going to book another stay. I want to stay here again, even though my home town is only a 1,5 hour train ride away. Uppelink is a gem and if I love it (and I'm used to this kind of old buildings an historic views), then I think foreigners will love it too.
This is it. YES! This is actually …
The view from the dorm. This is th…
Inside the kitchen