Hostel Rosemary Prague

Hostel Rosemary Prague Rates and Deals

Hostel Rosemary Prague Reviews

Tanu Tanu
A nice little cosy apartment style hostel, with a good staff... May 12, 2013
I was only in Prague for a little more than a day, and after a lot of intense partying in Budapest the previous few days, and a killer bus ride to Prague, all I wanted was a nice quiet time to myself.

Initially, it was a little confusing trying to find my way to the hostel, but eventually I found my way. On arrival, the reception was closed (they are open from 7AM to 7PM), but they have clear instructions on what to do if you arrive at any other times (in this case, it was to let the reception staff know you've arrived by disturbing them in their apartment!). Anyway, the lady who attended was very friendly and let me store my luggage and gave me a key to the common room, and told me I could check in once the rooms were vacated and cleaned, later in the morning.

The common rooms weren't too bad, but the atmosphere seemed pretty dead. One would think there weren't many travellers staying there at the time, if not for the many who were coming out to get breakfast ready etc (basic breakfast requirements like tea, coffee etc. seemed to be provided by the hostel).

After going out and killing some time till I could check in, I believe the location of the hostel itself is nice, with a major street very nearby where you could get pretty much anything you wanted. However, in relation to the sights and attractions in Prague, it proved to be a bit of a walk to the nearest subway stop. But once there, it was easy to get around, and there was lots to see on the way, if you were walking.

One thing to take into account, I found Prague to be the EASIEST city to get lost in!!! I was pretty much always lost and wandering about, so maybe the hostel wasn't really that far away from the station! :D

Anyhow, after getting back, I checked in, and was pleasantly surprised by the room I was given, since it was very comfortable and well maintained, much better than the common rooms, and more like an actual fully furnished apartment, with all facilities provided, including wi-fi connectivity, and even a clothes iron! the toilet/shower was great as well, in line with the rest of the room. The only down side is that if the room was fully occupied (I was lucky I had the room all to myself), everyone would be stuck in very close quarters, and if you were unlucky to have a bunch of bum room mates... :s

Honestly, I would have been more than happy to be spending even more time there if I didn't have to fly out to London the next day!

The staff - very warm and friendly as well, and for once during my travels, it was nice to see a hostel run by an actual local!

In summary, I think if anything, I would certainly come back to this hostel, simply because of the quality of the room, and the staff. However, I also think it is preferable for a group, or couple who are familiar with each other to book their entire party into a room without any other travellers, simply because of the close quarters you would be in.

Hostel Rosemary Prague Overview

The Hostel Rosemary Prague is located in the heart of Prague center - Old town. It is just 5 minutes walk from the old town square and a few steps away from Wenceslas Square and the Main Trains station.

The rooms available at the Hostel Rosemary Prague are varied, there are private rooms with their own bathroom and fully equipped kitchen with refrigerator, private rooms in apartments with shared bathroom, and dormitory with 4-12 beds.

The Hostel Rosemary Prague is just a few steps a way from the famous sights in Prague. The hostel is ideal for for individuals, backpackers, groups, couples or families. The hostel features kitchen facilities, common room with cable TV, and a coffee Machine.

Hostel Rosemary Amenities

• Computer
  • Photocopier
  • Ticket Service
  • Facsimile
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Towels
  • Private Toilet
  • Bathtub/Shower Combination
  • Games Available
  • Luggage Storage
  • Late check-out (subject to availability)
  • Bedding/Pillow Choices