Hostel Orfeo

Leidsekruistraat 14, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Hostel Orfeo Rates and Deals

Hostel Orfeo Amsterdam Reviews

npiworld npiworld
Good location...not too fussy or crappy....and free internet (wireless too!) Jul 02, 2009
I haven't stayed at many hostels.... I never have actually: ) I didn't think this one was too bad. I liked that it was a short walk to the trams, restaurants and shopping. I also like that there were 2 computers there for use...but also that there was wireless internet. From my room I could log on which was nice. The breakfast is little more than some juice, bread and cheese or something similiar. But if you are going to be out about town then I wouldn't worry about it. There was a little storage under the beds and a few nooks and corners for you to put extra stuff. I came with a pretty big suitcase and didn't have trouble. There is of course closet space as well. The room I stayed in was a 4 bedroom (bunk beds)with an in-suite bathroom. I would suggest the in-suites for your stay if you don't want to skip down the hall for the bathroom. Lastly, I came during a big concert holiday. I DID NOT LIKE that the price doubled over the weekend. It went from about 30 or so U.S. dollars to 60 or so US dollars. And FYI, you have to pay for your entire stay up front and in cash...so make sure you have some at check-in. With such an increase in the price, you might as well go get a nice hotel with your roommates...and order room service too!!! : )
Jess92 says:
is it true it is an exclusively gay hostel? i've just read on the internet and i'm going in 2 weeks..
Posted on: Oct 16, 2010
Eric says:
Thanks for the review!
Posted on: Jul 26, 2009
SchpidermaN Schpider…
Great people, awesome location Oct 24, 2009
After lots of hostels in Amsterdam, some which were good and others which were pretty shitty, I think that I somehow learned to define whether a hostel is a good one or a disastrous one.

Orfeo Hostel, by all means, is a place that I would recommend. The location, next to the Leidseplein and the Vondelpark is awesome. All the main attractions are within a walking distance from the hostel.

Second, the staff was really really cool and helpful, there was a big common room where you can meet up with fellow travelers from all over the world and the main advantage of this place was an open kitchen for the guests, with CLEAN kitchenware where you can cook your own food, and eat it at the common room.

As for the sleeping part: the beds for the most part were quite average, those on the 1st floor where amazingly comfy! With fat mats and comfy pillows.

The bathrooms were all kinda small and not roomy at all, but you can manage.

The hostel itself is pretty tidy and get cleaned daily.

Free Wi-Fi, and 2 common computers make it easy to keep on touch, plus you get a free breakfast.

Overall, I had a wonderful stay at this location, and met lots of great people during my few days in Amsterdam, therefore I would highly recommend this place, and will be back again myself.

Check Hostel Orfeo Rates and Deals