Hostel One Puerta Del Sol

Check Madrid Hotel Deals

Hostel One Puerta Del Sol Madrid Reviews

Pearl510 Pearl510
Good value for a short stay in the heart of the city Jun 15, 2010
I stayed in this hostel for one night and I picked it for two reasons: it was cheap and close to the Santa Ana square. I have lovely memories to this square so I wanted to be right next to it on my first night in Madrid. And as I was just staying for one night on a stop-over I didn't need the most perfect hostel.

Seeing it that way this was a good hostel. It had a nice little kitchen, very friendly staff and clean showers and toilets. Yet there is quite some noise, from fellow travelers as well as from the outside. I must say that I was lucky with my roommates, they were very decent and respectful. But for example, the lamp in the room was right next to my head (bunk bed), so whenever someone turned it on, I was wide awake. Lockers were to small to put a larger bag in and there were no individual lights or power plugs. The beds were really old to. I slept well in it, but it made a lot of noise when climbing in or out. When I had to make the bed on arrival I thought it would collapse :S

Yet the location can't be more perfect, close to the tapas, the metro, the parties, everything. The staff, as I wrote, were really friendly and helpful. So all in all it is good value for money. And if you don't plan on sleeping much it must be the perfect place. For me it was good for this one night. I don't regret staying there at all. But for a longer stay I would have picked something more calm and quite, with some more comfort.

Check Madrid Hotel Deals