Hostel Nina

Check Mostar Hotel Deals

Hostel Nina Mostar Reviews

Jason24 Jason24
Hostel Nina Dec 10, 2012
I had a fantastic time here! I arrived from Zagreb via train, and even though they offer to pick people up, I chose to walk.

The hostess, Nina was super friendly and even gave me dinner free. She told me of a nearby bar to go to where I would get a free drink as well. Unlike most hostels, they ask for payment at the end of the stay rather than before. It is located very closely to Stari Grad, The Old Bridge and all those cool things in Mostar. The bed was comfortable and I had a room to myself. The bath room was pretty good as well. These guys have connections to cheap and awesome tours. I did use their free service to the train station when I left.
WalterC WalterC
Great place to stay Nov 21, 2011
Close to Old Town, but about 20 to 30 minutes walking from the bus station, Hostel Nina is a nice place to stay at, run by a family, who also live there as well. If you have a cell phone with you, you can call them and have them pick you up.

Finding it can be tricky, as it is on a small street, that does not look too nice. But the directions on the booking site makes sense, as you just walk down the main street from the bus station (assuming you arrived into town there), in the direction of Old Town, passing by a cemetery.

There is a sign on one of the windows, and the entrance is up the steps on the side. Trying to open the door can be tough sometimes, as you have to be careful not to do it too hard.

The hostel feels more like a home, as mentioned before, with the owner Nina, and her family living there. More along the lines of being a guest at someone’s house. The staff are great, which includes Nina’s husband owning a bar in Old Town, and gave me a free drink there and has some stories to tell. There is her mother, who gave me a ride back to the bus station. And Nina herself, who runs the place. They all speak pretty good English, and give tours of the city and other parts of Bosnia-Herzegovina.

The rooms are nice if small and very basic. The bathroom is more like using one at someone’s house, as there is one on each floor. They are clean and well maintained. And there is one computer on the ground floor, which is free. And a kitchen as well, but it was closed when I was there.

One flaw was the room was very cold, and although the temperature was raised on the heating system, it still did not warm up the room. As a result, I was sleeping in a cold room. Another issue can be, just getting there, being quite a walk and on a small street, where the sign can be tough to find. And the family does have a kid, so noise can be an issue for some.

Other than that, this is a nice place to stay, and I would recommend staying at this place, as it’s great value for the money. Wished I had more time, so I could take that tour that the hostel was offering.
outside of building
monkeymia79 says:
Thanks for the review Walter.
Posted on: Mar 17, 2016
ggozutok ggozutok
good place in monstar May 14, 2011
Its hostel but offers 5 stars hotel comfort by local hostel owner nina. She picked up us from the bus station to the place that has internet, nice bathroom, and clean room. They serve breakfast as well if u like to have experience home style breakfast.thank u for all, hope to be there soon again

Check Mostar Hotel Deals