Hostel Mostel Sofia

Hostel Mostel Sofia Rates and Deals

Hostel Mostel Sofia Reviews

ulis ulis
Excellent place to stay May 19, 2017
The Hostel Mostel is a excellent place to stay, located in Makedonia Boulevard 2a, the entrace is not very visible, betwee 2 farmacies a garage door which opens if you ring the bell. Dorms from 24 Leva (€ 12), rooms from 50 Leva (€ 25), breakfast, all day tea and coffee and wifi included, also in the evening a plate of spaghetti (only at 7pm, 10 minutes later everthing is eaten).

There is also a secure parking, but not free.

Trom the train and nearby bus station take tram 1, 6 or 7 direction to Makedonia str., 4 stations. From airport terminal 2 take bus 84, from airport terminal 1 take the metro. Tickets buy at news agents 1,60 Leva, and immediately punch them in the bus or at the metro entrance, you need also a ticket for your luggage.
Entrance of Hostel Mostel
Behind the garage door
tj1777 tj1777
Hostel Mostel Sofia Nov 10, 2013
Hostel Mostel is sort of a Bulgarian hostel chain with three hostels spread across the three main cities of the country. They have been expanding rapidly the last few years and some of the competitors complain about aggressive promotion of the hostel by capturing clients down at the train stations in the cities. I didn’t really encounter any of these problems when I stayed in Sofia. I stayed there on a couple of occasion during a weeklong holiday in Bulgaria and I was flying in and out of Sofia and used this place as a base in both ends of my trip.

The good thing about a base is that a base is a fixed location from where you can go out and explore the area around the base. Unfortunately this wasn’t really the case with my base here at Hostel Mostel. The hostel was in a process of relocating so they were staying at random addresses around Sofia. I had booked from home and then I tried to go to the location of the hostel - just to find a sign which indicated that the hostel had moved and there was a map pointing to the new destination of the hostel. Fortunately the direction was easy to understand so I made it to the new location without getting badly lost somewhere in the streets of Sofia - keep in mind this was my very first hour in Sofia so the potential for getting lost is surely present when you have to walk partly be memory of a direction given at the former location of a hostel.

The hostel had a pretty good location and the future location wasn’t far from this temporary one. They try to market themselves as a hostel with extra inclusive - so there is a breakfast in the morning. And compared to what you are usually getting at a hostel this breakfast was fairly substantial and was a solid start of the day - plus it started fairly early so even if you wanted an early start you could still catch the breakfast. They also provided some information about the city and their main selling point was the free beer and pasta at night. The beer was a good thing - but to be honest the pasta was really only for people who are on the most shoestring budget - other people will be much better off using the kitchen for self catering or going out and exploring the Bulgarian cuisine in one of the many restaurants around Sofia.

I went away for a week but when I got back I decided to stay another couple of nights here. Fortunately I had advance notice of the hostel moving once more during the coming week so I didn’t get lost when I arrived at a different location a week later. I was getting in on the night train from Varna arriving at 6 in the morning. I was a bit tired and hungry - and this is when you really appreciate a hostel which starts serving breakfast at 7 - and let people arriving early enjoy the breakfast buffet. Just what you need after a long journey on a train where a couple of gypsies come into your compartment and want to share a couple of bottles of beer with you - that is Bulgarian 2 liters bottles.
Hollypaw Hollypaw
Cheap and fantastic! Feb 01, 2013
As you get outside the main doors of the train station veer right and keep following the road straight (eventually you'll have to make a right) if you want to walk to the hostel, I think it takes around 20 minutes to walk there. Staff are fantastic and very helpful here, you get a swipe key to get into the hostel and the room. The hostel is very cheap and it comes with dinner and breakfast! Dinner is usually a veggie sauce with pasta and breakfast you get juice, meats, cheese, cereal, etc. They have the comfiest common room with a box like area that has pillows and a tv where you can lounge and hangout. There's also three computers with free internet to use. The building where reception is, there's also a pool table, two bathrooms and a fully equipped kitchen. I stayed in a 8 bed dorm and it came with it's own shower and sink in the room but no toilet. There were three shared toilets and showers outside of the room at the end of the outside hall. When staying in their biggest dorm that's where the three toilets and showers were and had a bit of a hard time getting a shower... Keep in mind that this was during the off season so I couldn't imagine during high season. They have lockers in the room that are big enough for valuables but not your backpack. They also have a locked storage area behind reception to keep your bag on the day that you check in or out. Overall fantastic hostel that I have stayed at 3 times during my travels. They also have wifi!
Pattywac Pattywac
Excellent Hostel Sep 04, 2012
This is truly one of the best hostels I've stayed in!

From the get go, we asked for a pick up service from the airport. Our driver was there waiting for us and pointed out sights on the way to the hostel.

Once at the hostel, it didn't look anything special from the outside but once inside, the place was pretty cool. Nice courtyard and a large common area for everyone to mingle.

Stayed in an 8 bed dorm with an ensuite, which was clean every day.

The staff were amazing. They would happily answer your every questions and made sure you had everything you needed.

So I would highly recommend this hostel to anyone thinking of visiting Sofia. They do book out...so book in advance!

Hostel Mostel Amenities

• Excursions
  • Billiards
  • Hiking
  • Desk
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower
  • Family Room
  • Express Check-In/Check-Out
  • Paid Parking

Related Travel Blogs About Hostel Mostel Sofia

Day 12 - Are There Bears In Sofia?
An another early start ensued as we checked out of Hotel Eddy and made our way to check in to Hostel Mostel for our last 2 nights in Sofia. On arrival we found our beds unassembled in the hallway! Th…Hostel Mostel for our last 2 nights in Sofia. On arrival we found our beds unassembled in the hallway…

Check Hostel Mostel Rates and Deals