Hostel Mitte

Hostel Mitte Rates and Deals

Hostel Mitte Brno Reviews

yoanna87 yoanna87
Nice quiet hostel in the city centre Dec 15, 2011
Hostel Mitte is located in the very city centre of Brno. But despite its central location it was a bit difficult to find it as nobody seemed to know the place or even the street it was on.. However after getting lost few times I managed to find it. The receptionist was a bit strange and tried to charge me more. When I told her the amount I was supposed to pay she said that the deposit I paid was for the website and not for them. So I had to explain to her how it all works with internet bookings and that they get business because they are on the website and that I just don't care. Then she told me that the prices went up since I booked it. So again, had to explain that I didn't care and that I should pay what I was supposed to pay. And she agreed. OK, now I'll stop complaining cause after the check-in everything was nice. I stayed in a 6-bed dorm and it was lovely. The room was spacious with lots of privacy. Everything was new and clean. And the decor was great too! There was also a bathroom in the room which was nothing special but ok. There's a common room and a kitchen upstairs (breakfast was included but very very basic), also loved the decor. And wi-fi is free and a good connection so that was a bonus too.
Isabelle_G Isabelle…
Nice hostel Aug 20, 2011
Hostel Mitte is about a 10' walk from Brno train station and centrally located close to the main attractions in the city center. There's a small bar on the ground floor which works as reception for the hostel too. Just around the corner you find a supermaket and a small shopping mall/movie theatre.

I really enjoyed the decoration in the dorms: each room is named after some important person/event in the region. The beds were comfortable and the walls and big curtains helped increasing the privacy inside the dorm. Nice bathroom with a bathtub ;) On the top floor there's the guest kitchen where free breakfast is also served. I thought the breakfast was a bit poor though with ham and cheese sandwiches and yogurt... Some jam or so would have been nice in the morning... I didn't really meet anyone as the hostel looked a bit empty on a saturday night, it lacks a bit of a common room sort of area other than the kitchen, which was empty when I used it. If you wish you can visit the café downstairs and get a 10% customer discount though... Also there was no guest computer but the staff said it was no problem and let me use their laptop to print a few things. I thought the rate (18€) was a bit too high because Brno didn't seem to be such a touristy place and I got bored after a few hours already but I didn't really find anything cheaper and with good reviews. But the hostel was nice and (very) quiet so I could catch up on some sleep.
Dorm