Hostel Mamallena

Check Panama City Hotel Deals

Hostel Mamallena Panama City Reviews

angie726 angie726
Hostel Mamallena-Cheap, Clean, and Comfy Mar 22, 2011
I stayed at Mamallena for about 5 nights out of my 11 day trip to Panama. I truly enjoyed my time at Mamallena because the staff was friendly, knowledgable and helpful. Also a big plus was the beds!! They were really nice and comfortable. I stayed here during Carnival so it was quite noisy late at night but when after Carnival it became quiet and very chilled out. Most of the staff are bilingual and sometimes will go out with you if your going to party. The hostel also has two pets a cat and a dog. Both are very friendly.

The location is in the Caladonia district which is located near avenida Central and Avenida Argentina which are long streets filled with stores to buy almost anything you can think of. Also, at the begining of the block is the bus stop and you can pick up a taxi there too, Both are fairly easy to do. The neighborhood felt pretty safe but still use caution when walking around at night.Though the hostel is located in a residential neighborhood, just a few streets over the neighborhood gets quite schetchy. I walked around at night (early in the night) several times and I was fine (I'm female and was traveling alone) but regardless use common sense.

One last note, cleanliness! This is a clean hostel. One of the things that surprised me was how often staff were cleaning or changing something. Linens are changed almost immedieatly after you pay to check out. Even if you left the room yet and all times of the day and evening they are changing linens. Also they are constantly washing linens, cleaning the bathrooms and keeping the kitchen and refigrator clean.

This was my very first hostel exprience and it was a good one! I recommend Mamallena to anyone who wants a comfortable good night sleep in clean, friendly and cheap ($11 for a dorm) hostel

Check Panama City Hotel Deals