Hostel Kundalini

Montanita, Ecuador

Compare montañita Hotel Rates (3.6km away)

Hostel Kundalini Montanita Reviews

moksha97 moksha97
Charming beachfront hostal May 03, 2011
I'll start by saying I would have given this hostal five stars across the board, only there were a few negatives. Our room wasn't ready when promised. I was told it would be ready in an hour, it ended up taking about five hours in total for them to finish it. On the plus side, I was able to use the room to shower/freshen up etc. My family and I were also, able to store our luggage there, while they finished the room.

The other problem was I was charged almost double what the room typically costs, because it was a holiday weekend. However, the owner compensated with a few free cerveza, warm conversation, and breakfast. In retrospect, compared to the states, it was still a good price for a quality beachfront room.

Anyhow, the room was simple, modern, and clean. The large ceiling fan kept the room cool. The shower had hot water.

The windows had screens in them, which I later found to be quite uncommon in Ecuador. It was a much appreciated defense against the mosquitoes. The hammocks right outside the hostels doors were a nice place to relax and enjoy a cold cerveza.

Overall, i think Hostal Kundalini is a great place. It's tucked nicely away from the noise of the all night parties in Montanita. The property is surrounded by beautiful flowers and banana trees. The place has great atmosphere, and a nice friendly owner and staff.

Compare montañita Hotel Rates (3.6km away)

Montanita Map