Hostel Kankun

01 998 101 7399

Check Cancun Hotel Deals

Hostel Kankun Cancun Reviews

mebernier mebernier
Bed bugs, dead lizards, creepy neighborhood and doors that don't really lock... Jul 07, 2013
I made a reservation after reading decent review of that hostels. I arrived late at night around 10 PM and before I even set foot in the actual hostel, I was already freaked out.

The street on which it is located is absolutely desert. Yes, there are houses, but all fences up and there was not a sound except maybe that guard dog barking that nearly gave me a heart attack. I was scared to death the 5 min. I walked to reach the first restaurant on the corner as I didn't have dinner yet.

The ground floor was FILTHY, to say the least. I'm not the kind of girl easily repulsed by basic accommodation (I spent 6 weeks in budget hotels/hostels in India and elsewhere in Mexico), but this one beats records.

I checked under the fitted sheet on the bed to find a load of bloody spots, a major sign of the presence of bed bugs. I sprayed my mattress with bed bugs repellent; seemed that it worked. I slept on my towel anyway...

The shower in the bathroom was totally disgusting; tiles were all moldy and I was disgusted just to the idea of touching the hot/cold water taps! I made sure not to touch the tile walls of the shower and to stick to my flip flops sandals at ALL time.

The man who was working there though was really nice and polite and brought a big powerful fan for me to use in the room so I wouldn't be too hot. Opening the window was not even an option as there was dead lizards on the window sill and the mosquito "screen" on the window was punctured big time.

I was supposed to go back for my last night in Yucatan as my plane home was departing from the Cancun airport; needless to say I cancelled my reservation and booked elsewhere.
Stigen Stigen
Cheap and gives the REAL mexican feeling Sep 20, 2012
This place is 5$ for one room with like 4 beds in it ! And that is what you should consider when going to a place like this.. Our expectations were incredibly low, so we were genuinely positively surprised to find that it was`nt too bad. I quite enjoyed this place actually. This is how a Mexican hotel room should look like. It is rustique ! We did not see any cockroaches . I would much rather stay there in the middle of the city where the mexicans live than to live in the hotel zone where all the other tourist are crawling around every corner.. The prices there are ten times higher for both food and accommodation. ..

You can walk to the beaches, but it takes about an hour. There are also buses going fairly frequently, and they are quite cheap.

In the area around the hostel there are lots of good and cheap small street restaurants.

Hotel Kankun has a working kitchen, a roof terrace and quite friendly proprietors.

I would love to stay here again, the real mexican deal !! .
On the rooftop !