Hostel Jarachik

San Pedro La Laguna, Guatemala - +502-77218319

Compare San Marcos La Laguna Hotel Rates (3.7km away)

Hostel Jarachik San Pedro La Laguna Reviews

dedch dedch
Cheap place to stay, great view May 29, 2010
The hostel features different types of room, from dorms to single rooms. There is also a restaurant in the hostel that features descent food at good prices.

I had a rooftop room with a private bath and a great view of Lake Atitlan.

The price was 80 Quetzals which is about 10 US Dollars. I heard that if you stay a bit longer, the price can go down to only 40 Quetzals. It is a good value for that price and the common area is nicely done. There is also free wireless internet in the whole hotel.

Also, If you can get rid of the guys wanting to take you to a hostel, it costs you less, as the hostel owner has to pay them a cut for their "service". Since I could not shake mine, even though I tried hard, I guess I ended up paying a bit more than I would have without the guy in tow. However, as everywhere in Guatemala, prices are already quite low, so I don't really care about that.

When I was there, a tropical storm passed over much of Guatemala and it rained profusely. The windows leaked a bit of water, and one of the walls got wet inside. But that did not matter that much to me. Other than that, the place is clean and felt rather safe.

I would recommend this place to everyone who is looking for a good accommodation at a good price and does not need luxury.
View from outside of the room
Inside the room
View from the rooftop in front of …
osnuja osnuja
Nov 27, 2010
Located between the docks with very friendly staff and delicious kitchen. Dormitory costs Q30 and has only 3 beds. It has also roof terrace and private top-roof rooms for Q80. Great view!!

Compare San Marcos La Laguna Hotel Rates (3.7km away)

Hostel Jarachik Map