Hostel Jacob

Check Brno Hotel Deals

Hostel Jacob Brno Reviews

keeweeset keeweeset
Great hostel Aug 05, 2015
The staff was very friendly and helped me with directions and what to see along the way. The breakfast was awesome. This was probably THE best breakfast I ever had in a hostel. It was like in a hotel: different types of coffee and teas, müesli, cereals, different kinds of cheese, several types of cold cuts (real meat not pressed ham), nutella, several types of jam, different kinds of bread, cake, water (lemon or cucumber flavoured), quark. Needless to say, I ate quite a lot for breakfast. The modern rooms and bathrooms (several showers and toilets) were clean. The bottom bunk beds also had curtains, which was great for privacy but it also stopped the flow of air a bit. Unfortunately, the lockers were super small, so, my backpack didn't fit. I only put my valuables in the locker. The hostel provides you with a towel and s small package of shampoo/shower gel. The hostel also has washers and dryers, which I didn't use but these can be used by guest. I don't know how much it costs though. Reception is on the 5th floor (that's also the bell you need to press) and thankfully there is a lift.

The hostel is aware that it gets noisy outside since there's a small square right in front of the hostel with restaurants and bars. So, bring your ear plugs or use the ones provided by the hostel.
tombom07 tombom07
Everything you would want from a hostel Feb 04, 2013
I was at Hostel Jacob for two nights in February 2013; what a fantastic hostel! Hostel Jacob is very spacious with plenty of rooms & beds - they have made good use of the space. It is located behind a church just behind the central square & on the fifth floor of the building (there is a lift) so you don't need to lug all your things upstairs if you don't have the energy! It is in really close walking proximity to all the historic sites of Brno.

It gave me everything I wanted from a hostel besides a fun/social atmosphere factor, but that's not really the hostel's fault, after all it was low season. I can imagine it would be much busier in the summer.

The staff were very friendly & helpful in giving me information on things to see & where to eat in Brno (I only saw the owner who walks with a cane & the guy with a ponytail). They provide a cheap laundry service, free breakfast (a good one including cereals, breads, spreads, cake, watermelon juice, tea & coffee), & a communal kitchen I was very happy to make use of one day.

I stayed in an 11-bed dorm but I think there are smaller ones & private rooms too. It was an extremely modern & clean hostel, & the shared bathrooms were clean too.

One thing a little complicated is the security. Staff are not always present in the hostel (again perhaps it would be different at peak times), although they put stress on always locking the door when you leave/enter & nobody is at reception. They had recently had a break-in & had their hostel computer stolen (I think there must be wifi normally) but were taking extra measures to install CCTV so security is something they are working on at the moment.

I really enjoyed staying at Hostel Jacob for the two nights I was there & I couldn't think of anything more I could ask for from a hostel. At the time I paid around €15/night. I can imagine that with more people around it would be the definition of what a hostel is supposed to be!
11-bed dorm room in Hostel Jacob, …
11-bed dorm room in Hostel Jacob, …

Check Brno Hotel Deals