Hostel Centar I

Check Banja Luka Hotel Deals

Hostel Centar I Banja Luka Reviews

vixen2306 vixen2306
Slightly odd looking room Jun 22, 2014
Hostel Centar I doesn’t only offer hostel accommodation, but it also has some small apartments to rent. It is easy to locate with your Satnav, and not very far from the city centre (5-minute walk is all it takes).

We had no problems parking our car in front of the property, although majority of parking is street parking. Since the hostel is situated on a quiet street with private houses around, there should be no issue to find a parking spot.

At the time of booking, the apartment price was only slightly higher than 2 beds in a dorm-room, so we decided to indulge in a little luxury and book the apartment.

Our first impression of the apartment – big and spacious, but slightly oddly decorated with, what looked like bathroom tiles, around the bed. Not sure whether that would be something I would consider using for wall decoration in a bedroom part. Except for that, the room liked pleasant with modern and new furniture, big double bed, a couple of wardrobes, an armchair (or single fold-our sleeping chair), a number of small cabinets and light-coloured rags.

The kitchen part was rather on a small side with a big sink and therefore, lacking space to prepare food. There were very few kitchen utensils in the cupboards, so unless you travel with your own set, it will be rather difficult to prepare even a simple breakfast.

Moreover, bathroom was on a small size with tiny washbasin tacked away in a very corner, a shower and toilet facilities. On the positive side, it was newly and thoughtfully decorated to use the small space to its best.

The entire apartment was very clean which makes up for some of its downfalls.

We also had access to free Wi-Fi, which caused us no problems.

Although the reception is not manned at all times, there is a bell you can use to call for the staff. We received some good tips for local food restaurants from them which came in handy.

We stayed there only for a night, which is plenty as you have very few places to visit in the area. The rom cost was €35 which is a little more expensive you would expect for such a small city. But there are not that many room options in the area, so I guess they can charge a little more.

In overall, we did enjoy our stay in the hostel and would consider renting there again.
Bedroom