Hostel Casa Colon

Hostel Casa Colon Rates and Deals

Hostel Casa Colon San Jose Reviews

d2amy d2amy
So fancy! I felt like I was in a hotel Nov 05, 2013
Honestly, the only bad thing I can say about this place is that there was one women who was HORRENDOUS. She decided to help everyone before us when we checked in, probably because we were backpackers and not business men. My blood boiled by this, however the ladies working at the bar and kitchen were great.

I stayed in a double room with air conditioning and a TV with a variety of different channels - many of which were in English - something that I was very unaccustomed to since traveling in Brazil for a month. The beds were super comfortable, however we weren't able to control the air conditioning. That being said, I had to sleep with a sweater on at night because I was so cold. Although, I thinking if we would have asked they would have given us the remote.

Bear in mind that this hostel is on the main road of the downtown area, and it very noisey - no matter what time of day. Lucky for us, our room was at the back of the hostel, on the first floor, away from the road. So it was uber quite and we didn't hear any cars - coming from Montezuma we were nervous about the noise.

The common area is beautiful, and they've done a really great job at restoring the house. I would definitely go back just for the beauty of the interior.

Another bad aspect though, no private bathrooms, or at least, not private bathrooms that I could notice. The showers are fine, but the toilets are super awkwardly set in their stalls and makes it very hard for anyone with any height to go pee with the door open. I'm 5'3, but my friend who is 6' had a very hard time going to the loo. Also, by the morning they stank of sewer quite badly.

Overall, I'd stay here again, but maybe try a room upstairs.
Awesome wood fan
Our amazing room - we couldn't hav…
The common area
kantbyluv kantbyluv
near city but far from airport Feb 20, 2013
This hotel was in San Jose so it was close to city life, walking distance to food including Pizza Hut, Taco Bell, McDonalds, and also local fare. There was a street fair from the city parks and recreation which was right in the main road in front of the hotel. A large city park and small museum are within walking distance (4 blocks) and the park had locals everywhere on the weekends. There were people playing basketball, football (soccer) hockey, skating, biking, jogging, flying a kite and walking their dogs.

The hotel was very secure front desk buzzed you in and out. room was big and had a bathroom inside (private ensuite) The hotel's building was good architecture and was at busy intersection.

Very loud from street noise and passerby's.

Hostel Casa Colon Overview

Number one and First new “Premium Hostel” in Central America, at Hostel rates, with high quality accommodations, located in the best tourist-residential, quick access and safest area in San Jose, Costa Rica. We also have private rooms with private bathrooms, flat screen TVs, big lounge with free wire/wireless high speed internet access, security, International Restaurant & Cafe-Bar, airport pick ups & drop offs service, free tourist info and travel tips, free maps, free parking. This description is based on information provided by the specialty lodging.

Hostel Casa Colon Amenities

• Full-service catering
  • Exhibit Space
  • Disabled Parking
  • Wheel Chair Access
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower