Hostel Carlos Gardel

Hostel Carlos Gardel Rates and Deals

Hostel Carlos Gardel Buenos Aires Reviews

alicegrounds alicegro…
Affordable with great location Dec 06, 2010
I stayed in this hostel for 6 of the 8 nights that I was in Buenos Aires. The main thing that attracted me was the affordability (I paid AUD$10 per night) and I booked very last minute and there was still availibilty, as well as it being in San Telmo which is where I was looking.

The receptionists all speak english and are happy to give advice when you ask them. Large lockers are provided given you bring your own padlock. The bathrooms are shared and showers only have a curtain for privacy so its best to shower at quiet times, but the bathroom was always empty when i went to use it.

Breakfast is free but very basic (marmalade on bread and cereal) and internet is also free.

Despite the basicness of the hostel, which I didnt mind, the main downfall for me was that it wasn't an extremely social hostel and it was often difficult to meet others. It doesnt have a bar, which for me has made other hostels I've stayed at the way you meet others, particularly when travelling alone.

I wouldnt recommend this hostel for those travelling alone who want to meet others to party with etc but for those who want a comfortable place to come home to.

Check Hostel Carlos Gardel Rates and Deals