Hostel Blues

Hostel Blues Rates and Deals

Hostel Blues Bratislava Reviews

keeweeset keeweeset
Good Hostel near Old Town Aug 05, 2015
The staff was very friendly and helpful in giving details about sights and restaurants. They provide you with a wristband and a coupon for reduced prices. I stayed in a 6-bed dorm room (called Berlin), which was clean and modern. The only downside was when the person in the bottom bunk moved the whole bed vibrated. So, that made it kind of hard to sleep. Also, we had an ensuite-bathroom with one shower and one toilet for six girls...that might not be quite enough.

They provide you with a swipe card for the front door, which you also use to get into the room on your floor. You also get a key for your room as well as a lock for a locker, which was big enough to fit my backpack.

The hostel does not provide breakfast or any free beverages in the morning but they are only 10 Minutes from Old Town and they recommended a small café just around the corner from the hostel.

When I booked my bed I had to re-confirm my booking twice. Once after contacting the hostel and a second time a few days before arriving. I am assuming this is due to a lot of people booking rooms with them and then not showing up.
Hollypaw Hollypaw
Close to old town Jan 14, 2013
For people taking the train here. Once out of the station walk on the sidewalk to your right and that's where you'll be able to catch the bus to the hostel. First purchase a bus ticket from the little machine beside bus shelter. I had a heck of a time trying to figure all of this out... The hostel is alright. they provide scan keys which is nice for security. They have a really nice kitchen, common area is a good size and they have a bar which is great to find people to hangout with. The rooms were decent for sleeping and washroom in the room was alright. The hostel is really close to the old town and is right beside a grocery store Tesco. Wasn't overly impressed with the Hostel but it was a good enough place to stay for a couple nights.
ana_pt ana_pt
Mar 06, 2012
A modern hostel with a cool music bar. Location was good, since it is a small city you can walk almost everywhere from there.
Isabelle_G Isabelle…
Nice hostel downtown Bratislava Aug 21, 2011
I only spent one night in Hostel Blues but it seemed pretty much ok to me, though I was expecting to find cheaper rates in Bratislava. Coming from the bus station it's only a short ride on the trolley bus, I guess you could even walk there too. The hostel looked nice and clean, it's divided into cities, like Dublin or Barcelona, each on a different level. I liked the feeling of being in a small apartment. Clean showers and toilets, free use of internet, nice and clean kitchen, chill out rooms, ... The staff was quite nice and helpful too. The center of the city is only a 10' walk and there's a big supermarket round the corner. The airport is also very easy to reach with a short tram ride to the central station and then a ride on the airport bus, all of this in less than an hour and for 0,90€ :)
Nick83 Nick83
Atmospheric hostel close to the old town Apr 21, 2011
Very nice hostel close, close to the old town in Bratislava. The furniture is new, and everything else. Six floors,two apartaments with three rooms, every apartament has the name of a city. The staff is very nice and helpful. Unfortunately no breakfast. But its worth the money.
Luckeymick Luckeymi…
Great location, great atmosphere! Mar 11, 2010
Everything I expect from a hostel was generously provided by the staff at Hostel Blues. The location is just a short walk from many downtown attractions, and is frequented by cabs and buses. Easy to read maps are provided to aide in your city quest.

The two evenings of my stay with Hostel Blues, about 20 brits on a bachelor party weekend had also made the Hostel their home, so if my experience at HB was a little more ruckus than the average review you will read, that is probably why. Hostel Blues has very clean rooms, that feel more like an apartment than a hotel. My room had a full kitchen and bathroom, and a great view of downtown Bratislava.

An important part about any hostel (in my eyes) is the social atmosphere they provide. HB had a great long bar area with small patio that provided cheap beer and good music for travelers to get warmed up before taking in the Bratislava nightlife.

I'm not sure what other details would be important to a fellow traveler, other than to know that the prices are good, rooms are clean, beer is cheap, and the staff is friendly.

Enjoy your stay.......I did!
Crispinmt Crispinmt
best hostel ever! Nov 17, 2010
The reception feels like a cozy living room. bean bags and a nice couch, an acoustic guitar and Foosball table just lying about. The reception is open almost 24 hours with young friendly amazing staff so its the best place to buy your last beer from at the end of your night out. Also perfect place for a quick break fast (coffee + a choc croissant for 1.3 euro!). on my first day there, I cam back at 4 am to find a raging party at the reception and I ended playing drinking games with random backpackers until 6am!
Josedo Josedo
"Best hostel in Bratislava" Aug 14, 2009
If you go to Bratislava don't hesitate to choose this hostel; it is the best one, no doubt about it. Just a few minutes walk from the historic downtown, very good prices, big rooms, nice atmosphere, elevator, etc...
Marius1981 Marius19…
Hostel Blues - Bratislava Aug 23, 2008
Located 2-3 minutes away from the old town square and very near to a Tesco store, hostel Blues is a very clean and nice hostel, located on Spitalska.

Always very busy and full of people, its more like of a party place. Beside a pretty decent kitchen and internet they also have a bar, where the reception is as well, and where you’ll always find people ready to join you for a drink and chat.

They give you magnetic cards for access into the building, CCTV and safety problems are out of the question. I paid around 22 euros for a night in a dorm and it was very clean, great showers and clean toilets.

They have 85% rating on Hostelworld.
Africancrab says:
Helpful review, thanks
Posted on: Sep 22, 2008
James1985 James1985
Lairy Jun 01, 2008
I wasnt at all impressed with Hostel Blues.After being taken there by Martin(cheers mate) at around 2 we werent allowed to check in because they werent ready.Which if they tell you check in is before then,i expect to be allowed to check in.Then when we were checking in the price started to rise, suprise suprise.Like the city tax.

This hostel has stag nights there too which is a nightmare as there was a spanish lot when we were there which was extremely anoying and loud.

But on a positive note you can watch dvds in the common area if you just ask!And the place was clean enough.

Hostel Blues Amenities

• Family Room
  • Gay/Lesbian Friendly

Related Travel Blogs About Hostel Blues

Bratislava - Part I
YES! We're finally going to Bratislava. In the early morning we drove with Ket to Brussel Charleroi and met Bennie there. After an 1,5 hour (record-time) flight we landed in Bratislava. Martin picked…Bratislava. Martin picked us up from the airport and dropped us at Hostel Blues. There we've met Jeff…

Check Hostel Blues Rates and Deals