Hostel Blue Planet

Hostel Blue Planet Rates and Deals

Hostel Blue Planet Paris Reviews

vipgrl vipgrl
pretty dang good! Sep 14, 2008
This was my last hostel on my trip and def one of the best. Its in a great location, literally right next to Gare de Lyon train station. The staff is friendly, breakfast included, which they give u coins and u get to get it from a vending machine, which has croissants, not fresh but hey it was free and traveling on a budget, it was def ok, also price wise, not a bad price either for Paris. The hostel has a funky feel to it which I loved. Big screen tvs down in the common rooms, chairs and tables outside to chill and talk. The neighborhood is quiet, considering you just go around the block and there are atms, internet cafes, grocery store, post office and tons of cafes. The room was spacious, I had the all girls, ensuite bathroom, 4 beds. Beds were comfy, the mattress was one of the best sleep I had in Europe I think. The only thing I did not like was the hostel does not include sheets. I did bring a sleep sheet, but those things can be small. But for like 2 euros u can get sheets. The room and bathroom were clean, there is a lockout, from 11am-3pm so they can clean, did not affect me at all since I was always out doing something. Overall I was very pleased with this hostel, I would def go back!
the area around the hostel
the room i had at the hostel
the bathroom
the street right around the corner…
rki_tki rki_tki
BED BUGS!!! May 27, 2008

This place has the worst accomodations I have ever encountered. It is dirty, shoddy, and the staff is rude even by parisian standards. When I was there in 2006 My travel buddy and I both got bed bugs from staying at this hostel. Sleep in a train station, on a park bench or in a public toilet rather than stay at this hostel.
yadilitta yadilitta
Creepy hostel... Jun 26, 2006
I stayed in this hostel my 1st night in Paris :( Why did I choose a hostel near to the train station, which is never a good sign? Well, because I couldn't find anywhere else to stay.

I knew Paris is expensive, but you can find better places for which I paid here. It's simply not worth. They say they offer free breakfast which was 2 coins for vending machines ??? One for a mini cup of coffee and the other for a cold sandwich...

It's an old building, which doesn't have any elevator and the stairs to climb aren't comfortable if you are carrying a big bag. So, I decided to leave mine in the storage room, but there was a surprise! They claim to have a lot of security. Well, they have security cameras all over the place, but the storage room has no locker!!! And it didn't look safe at all.

The rooms were small and the beds so uncomfortable. Well, I wouldn't complain much if at least they were clean. But despite the closing time for "cleaning" during the day, they didn't do a very good job. The worst was the bathroom. Just 1 each floor, which is crazy!!! Hard to get water in the shower, and when you finally do it, it's cold and stops after 30 seconds. It has a few tables and chairs to hang out outside and a tiny indoor common area and computers for internet access (after you pay a high fee).

Sometimes the staff makes the differences. But this staff was rude and not helpful. It is incredibly strict! If you do anything wrong you're thrown out with no refund. Drink or eat in your room: Wrong! Make noise after 10 p.m.: you're kicked out! Anyway, I had a good time here, since I met other travelers like me who wanted to hang out and we ended drinking wine at the Sena River, haha. So, not everything was bad here. At least I met nice people :)

Ok it's located near the 2 train stations, but I wouldn't even recommend it for 1 night. No way! Unless you like rude staff and being treated like if they were making you a huge favor.
laetitia78 says:
couldnt agree with you more
Posted on: Oct 05, 2008
yadilitta says:
yes, always important to know this things.
Posted on: Jul 05, 2008
sylviandavid says:
This is a great review: thanks for sharing it!
Posted on: Jul 05, 2008
mwastrod mwastrod
Jul 15, 2004
I spent a few days in Paris, just living at this Place. It has a friendly atmosphere, was super cheap, and is right next to the Gare De Lyon, my train station of choice. The beds were clean, and I met two great friends there, a guy from New York and a guy from Poland. I stayed there a couple times, and everyone should hostel for a while when you're young.

Check Hostel Blue Planet Rates and Deals