Hostel Beautiful

Hostel Beautiful Rates and Deals

Hostel Beautiful Rome Reviews

Mmmkp Mmmkp
Cheap and clean, but odd staff! May 31, 2011
When we arrived outside the hotel we were a bit anxious to get off with our luggage and get to see Rome immediately, it was still day and plenty time to see something yet.

The hotel is on the.. whatever floor, it was far enough that we lost our breath while carrying the luggage with us up the stairs.

There's an elevator, which can only contain two/three people and it stalls every time somebody forget to close the door, this is on ANY level so if somebody hasn't closed the outside door to the elevator it can't be used. The manager gave us a moody comment every time we forgot.

We were a bit confused where the hotel actually was (first off we had taken the back stairs and not the front), they managed to find us and let us in, then we were in a common room with a TV and some couches. It's different from room to room if it was two beds, three beds or bunkers. This place is mostly for groups traveling together. Me and my roommate got a room with two single beds and a very compact toilet, I'll add a photo of that later.

All in all it was very clean and nothing to complain about yet.

Later on we heard some of the others from our group complaining about the manager being very odd. They were freaked out when they had heard somebody at the door trying to get in even though it was locked, somebody had even seen him lock up the door to the room while this person was in the room and the manager had then started going through their stuff, ignoring the person was there.

We were all a bit freaked by that story, but nothing was stolen. At night one of the receptionists a young man was always in the common room watching TV and let people in when they rang the bell to get to their rooms. One night we came back really late and nobody answered the door, we saw the manager sleeping in the lobby on first floor, we had to wake him to get our key. I think they were living there and it might have been run by a family.

The breakfast was the same every day, we ate around the corner and the meal was a very sugary croissant, toasted bread with jam, multi juice or coffee.

The location of this hotel is very ideal if you want to be able to take the metro or be close to the city, even though you would think their central station Termini would be in the midst of Rome I'll say it's on the limit of the center with Colosseum 20-45 minutes away on feet. After two days we quickly found the use of the metro to be a very good idea. The hotel was alright except the staff and I think it was a good deal for the money, it was clean and in the city what more do you need? - This is not for those who want to spend time in their room rather than see Rome.
j_k_a j_k_a
Cheap & cheerful Feb 05, 2011
On first reflection this place looks a bit of a dump. That said I was really impressed once inside. It is very basic but comfortable, the staff were really friendly and helpful, it was full of other like minded travellers. Being 5 mins from the train station it is in an ideal location for visiting all the major sights. I plan to take my 15yr old daughter to Rome within the next few months and would definitely stay here again :)

Check Hostel Beautiful Rates and Deals