Hostal la Bombilla

Check Leon Hotel Deals

Hostal la Bombilla Leon Reviews

montecarlostar montecar…
Everything ok except... Oct 18, 2011
It was a bit hard to find a good, cheap hostel in Leon downtown. Most of the reviews I had seen online were quite scary. Browsing around, I found this little hostel that no one talked about. I went through the pictures and it looked good enough. So, I called and booked a night.

I booked a bed in the shared bedroom, because I knew that in this time of the year, it would be very likely it was empty. And it was.

They have service 24 hrs, so they were able to open the door for me even though I arrived quite late. The hostel looked very clean and the bed was good for hostel standards. The door to my room didn't lock, but I was ok with that as everything looked very safe. Service was also nice and corteous.

They had a great Wi-Fi connection, but like in most hostels, there was only one plug, located in the bathroom, which made a little difficult for me to get online since my laptop's battery doesn't have much life.

The only thing I disliked about this place, which unfortunately is a major issue for me, is that they don't have hot water. I tried to shower in the morning and freezing cold water would come out of both knobs. I really hate to shower in a rush, but I had to do it, since I was going to give a little lecture at a university. That's why I wouldn't stay here again, even though everything else was great.

The hostel is located very close to Leon's downtown, but why would you need to be there anyways.
Hostel front