Hostal el Meson de Tulum

Check Cancun Hotel Deals

Hostal el Meson de Tulum Cancun Reviews

dedch dedch
Good for a night or two Apr 24, 2010
I arrived late at night, but the reception was still open. I booked a single room due to the fact that I had a lot of luggage with me and I wanted a place to lock it securely while I'm out and about. I only planned to stay there 2 days before my friend arrived in Cancun.

Overall, this is an OK hostel. The rooms are very plain and simple. In my room there is a bed with a mosquito net over it (which you need as in the evening there are a lot of those beasts around). There is also a chair, a night stand and a ceiling fan. That's it. The size of the room is about the size of a walk in cabinet. If you only need to sleep here, as I did, then this is OK though. But beware. As there is no air conditioning in this room, the nights are quite hot and sticky.

There is free and fast wireless access throughout the hostel, plus they have two computers in the reception area that can be used for free as well. The kitchen is very scarcely equipped. There is not much in terms of cups or plates. However, there is a large fridge, a microwave and a small electric cooker plus a fresh water fountain.

The hostel also sports a small pool which is good for a refreshment now and then. It is not particular clean, but also not dirty.

The staff is friendly and helpful. The hostel used teak wood to build the guest houses so they remind you of a place in Hawaii. The location is not the best either. It is in downtown Cancun. But it is only about a 5-10 minute ride to the beaches by bus or taxi, plus there are shopping locations close for the ones that want to cook their food themselves.

I'd recommend this hostel for everyone that needs to stay one or two nights somewhere in Cancun and can't spend a lot of money. I would not stay here for a longer duration though.

Check Cancun Hotel Deals