Hostal Moneda

Hostal Moneda Rates and Deals

Hostal Moneda Mexico City Reviews

Belluomo Belluomo
Jul 21, 2007
Well, this hostel advertises itself as #1 in Mexico and #2 in all of North America. If this is the case, I am frightened to see what the other hostels look like. First, the good points. The bar and breakfast area on top of the hostel has a good view of the downtown and a nice atmosphere, apart from the sometimes stifling air when the shades are all drawn. There are four computers with internet to use for free, a bar dispensing cervezas and Mezcal shots, and plenty of tables. It's easy to meet people up there.

The other positive of the hostel is that they arrange many daytrips to see sights and do other things, such as see a Mexican masked "lucha libre" wrestling match.

The negatives: the beds are crammed into small rooms and worst of all there is no ventilation. The windows open into a central shaft that is covered on top which means the same stale air is always trapped in the rooms. This is bottom end too as far as amenities. I was surprised they had toilet paper. There is a constant open air market on the street below and the volume of noise can give you a headache. It goes on all day, everyday.

So if you want to party and meet other travelers, it's a good place to go, but you can meet people in any hostel. As far as sleeping and comfort I dont' recommend it. Side note, they do have a sister hostel in walking distance but we didn't stay there so I can't rate the sleeping arrangements there.

Related Travel Blogs About Hostal Moneda

I remember when I was at the Hostal Moneda
a few years ago. I walked out the entrance directly into the street market. I turned left, strolled , looking for treasures. Suddenly the vendors around me looked of to the east, they started to r… a few years ago. I walked out the entrance directly into the street market. I turned left, strolled , looking for…

Check Hostal Moneda Rates and Deals