Hostal Loro Verde

Check Quito Hotel Deals

Hostal Loro Verde Quito Reviews

Paulovic Paulovic
Silent hostal in the tourist area May 15, 2009
After the first time arriving in Quito from Panama, we stayed here in this hostal every time we arrived back in Quito. And that was quite a few times. I even had two different rooms in these times staying here. Once a room for three persons and later a room for two persons. The hostel is very clen and comfortable. There is a breakfast area and the people working there are very friendly and helpful.

The location of the hostel is three blocks North East from the hart, the Plaza Foch, of the Mariscal Sucre. Although it's a tourist area, it can be a bit dodgy after sunset. Always better to take a taxi in the night, even for three blocks. Once we thought we wanted to take the risk of going there by footh and two men approached us and continued following us for at least one block, nothing happened but still do not take the risk! Across the street is a laundry service and they will even bring your clean laundry back to the hostal if you want so. The neighbourhood is a good one with a lot of restaurants, bars and other hotels.

The beds in the rooms are very comfortable. Even are the rooms that are not small. Every room has it's own bathroom with a good hot shower, witch is nescecarry at times here in Quito! The bathrooms are also very clean.

If I would go back to Quito, I would definately go back to this hostal. It's a safe place with gates in front of it, you have to ring first before they will open the door for you. Another good service (I didn't use, but my felow travelers did) was they stored the luggage for you if you wanted, even for a longer period of time when we were traveling elsewhere to come back somtime later.

Unfortunately I didn't took pictures of the hostal, you should search for them online.
Abidos says:
Ok good, after dark that's okay! :-)
Paulovic says:
Actually I wrote it wrong. You only need to take a taxi after sunset. It's definitely not as bad as it looks like. :)
Abidos says:
so dodgy that you need to take a taxi 3 blocks, that doesn't sound good :S

Related Travel Blogs About Hostal Loro Verde

Back to Quito and meeting up with Susan
After three days in the jungle, this morning we woke up in our bed in the room at the hostal we stayed. It was still very early in the morning and the family that run the hostal was still sleeping. I…Quito around 2 pm. We directly took a taxi to the Mariscal Sucre, to the hostal Loro Verde. This was the hostal

Check Quito Hotel Deals