Hostal Las Orquideas

Check Ollantaytambo Hotel Deals

Hostal Las Orquideas Ollantaytambo Reviews

Jacqinmiddenamerika Jacqinmi…
Safe & sound but also very relaxin' Mar 27, 2009
With beautiful surroundings the hostal is situated in the small village of Ollantaytambo. If I looked out of my window I had both mountainviews. Also a view at the fortress of Ollantaytambo which can be climbed. Too bad the weather didn't work out very well, otherwise you were able to horsebackriding. I did change my room because the first room was very cold, but it was no problem to the friendly hotel staff. It's a small hostal with a sort of a courtyard. The only problem is if there's no sun there will be no hot shower. So the shower in this hostal were very short! :-) All the sides are of walking distance, even the railway but it's also nice to take a taxi with other Peruvian travelers for 2 Soles. The museam is also nearby but it's very small. Furthermore there are excellent restaurants in the area!
davidx davidx
Economical hostal with a lovely coutyard Sep 17, 2005
This hostal has picked up an astonishing mixtures of reviews on various websites, mostly good but some scathing. I am adding to the good ones.

The first impression is great. A locked entrance makes it feel perfectly safe and there is a delightful garden courtyard. The rooms stretch about this. We found the bedroom perfectly adequate, except that it was not en-suite - and Pam had a stomach bug! I can't say I was enamoured of the toilet facilities anyway.

Staff were friendly and helpful. For anybody who does not know, a hostal in a Spanish speaking country is more like a guesthouse or small hotel htan an English hostel.
las Orquideas 1