Hostal La Pascana

Check Iquitos Hotel Deals

Hostal La Pascana Iquitos Reviews

Serena Serena
May 01, 2007
This hotel was highly recommeded in my Rough Guides Peru 2007 as "appealing doubles based around a small courtyard" which was why we stayed there. It wasn't clean and there were big holes in the mosquito net in the windows. There was no AC or hot water, which we knew about beforehand. But when it's 95 degrees with 95% humidity, AC would have been nice. The double with private bath was about $13 USD, which was in our price range for hotels. But normally we've gotten breakfast for that price too, which this hotel doesn't offer.
dawnontheamazon says:
I stayed at La Pascana for a couple of months 5 or 6 years ago. It is well located on a relatively quiet street that dead ends at the Itaya River, two blocks from the Plaza de Armas. The family that owns the hostel are wonderful people. Say hello to Mrs. Pety, Rosy, and Victor for me. The small courtyard is very pleasant. When "it's 95 degrees with 95% humidity", most people do not want hot water. I think it is a good value. I am sorry your fellow guests were too loud. That happens everywhere from time to time. For travelers on a budget, I think it is one of the three or four best choices in Iquitos.
Posted on: Sep 30, 2007
wickedlady says:
Also beware of the ´dolphin lady´ across the street from La Pascana (look for the big pink dolphin statue sticking out of her window). I heard she is a crazy woman with some weird story about how dolphins saved her life and she scams people out of their $$$. I believe she works to save the Amazonian dolphins... which is a crock since the jungle locals are supersticious and fear the dolphins - they dont kill them for food or any other reason, although sometimes they do get caught in fishing nets.
Posted on: May 10, 2007
wickedlady says:
I agree, i stayed there for a night and found it very loud because the windows are only screened in. When noisy backpapckers return after the clubs it is loud. The rooms are dingy and the bathrooms have the shower head just sticking out of the wall facing the toilet so EVERYTHING gets wet. Staff was nice but i would rather fork out the extra 20 bucks and stay at Hotel Mariñon, a 3 star hotel with breakfast included and a pool which is where i am at now and its fine.
Posted on: May 10, 2007