Hostal Cusi Wasi

Hostal Cusi Wasi Rates and Deals

Hostal Cusi Wasi Cusco Reviews

aerynn aerynn
An Air of Pretension Oct 13, 2008
If Cusi Wasi was the only hostel that I stayed at in Cusco, perhaps my review would be a bit more forgiving. However, since I had already stayed in another hostel for the same price/accomodations, I had a basis of comparison.

The photos on the internet look very cute, inviting, and well groomed. The courtyard, which is featured in the photos, lives up to this expectation, but the rooms do not. They seem to have put much energy into making a fancy-looking courtyard and reception office, but if they put that energy into the rooms instead, it would be much more comfortable.

My room was a double room, with 2 beds. The room was the smallest of my whole trip, which included a few other rooms. The window by my bed was separated from the wall on one side, leaving a gap that was larger than an inch. I stuffed a towel into the gap, to prevent critters from appearing on my head during the night.

The beds were quite close together with virtually no room to put our bags anywhere in the room, except on our beds. There was, however, a space heater that worked very well.

The bathroom had a window which we could not close. This window was open to some sort of shaft or cavity. Cold air came in. Also, we could see into someone else's bathroom across the cavity. We had no shower curtain. Assuming they could also see our bathroom, this was a bit odd. However, true to their advertisement, Cusi Wasi provides piping hot water and strong water pressure 24 hours per day! This was a wonderful perk.

The hostel was quite secure, in that there was no way that I could find to actually get out of the hostel complex at night. My friend wasn't feeling well, and I decided to walk to one of the nearby convenient stores. I could not even get into the reception room, which had the door to the 'outside world'. I was locked into Cusi Wasi, and could find no other way out! But it was reassuring to know that nobody could come in.

Free transportation to and from the airport seemed like a great bonus. They had someone waiting for us at the train station when we arrived from Machu Picchu, and we were thankful for that. However, to get back to the airport when we wanted to leave, they would only call us a cab, no free transportation.

The complimentary breakfast consisted of flatbread and jam, with tea or coffee. Good bread, but not as hearty as some of our other hostel breakfasts.

As a warning, they seem to prefer dealings in $US rather than local currency of Soles.

Good luck, and if anyone from Cusi Wasi reads my review, I hope that they take the suggestions to heart. But, I sincerely thank Cusi Wasi for the long hot shower. It was truly the best shower of my trip, even though I was a bit worried about my neighbors seeing me.

**Photo coming soon**
Cute, inviting courtyard at Cusi W…
Kaantie95 says:
This is my Dream : to visit Machu Picchu and here you are, there in person. Lovely. I will read all your write-ups. Thank you.

Ganes