Hostal Alcala

Check Quito Hotel Deals

Hostal Alcala Quito Reviews

yadilitta yadilitta
Perfect budget accomodation in La Mariscal - Hostal Alcala Aug 16, 2009
We were looking for a nice place to stay at La Mariscal, but didn't want to spend much money. Fortunately, we found this great place.

I haven't heard from them, but for the "Posada del Maple" from the same owner. In fact, we went there first but it was full.

We paid less than in a hotel, but a bit more than a hostel and was worth it.

The location is perfect. You are in the new area of the city, walking distance from the party square. We weren't there during the weekend, but the administrator told us that it could be a bit loud at that time. It's located also close to the trolley station and close to avenues too.

This is an old house, turned into a hostal. Common area are nice and the whole house is kept very clean.

Every room has tv with cable, but there's also a tv room with a big flat screen. There is a computer with internet access, but also wi-fi. Dining area is nice and there's a small courtyard.

Bedroom was big and bed was comfy. One of the beds looked funny but we had extra ones, hehehe.

Bathroom was nice and clean. With hot water and good pressure.

Breakfast is included in the rate. They give you juice and eggs and you can take as much coffee, tea, milk, bread, butter and jam as you want. The hot water, coffee & tea, stay outside the whole time, so you can prepare yourself a cup of beverage whenever you want.

Service was very good. The administrator was really kind and one of the ladies too. There was another one, who looked cranky the whole time...

If you are looking for nice budget accommodation, but not a dorm, this is a great choice!
comunal tv room
complimentary beverage
yadilitta says:
good to know the info was helpful. Yes, you will enjoy this place :)
montecarlostar says:
Sounds like my kind of hostel!! Especially the wi-fi and the comfy rooms sounds great. I like hostel environments but I do appreciate comfort during my stay. Will definitively stay here if I go to Quito!
geerbox says:
This place is great; I'm a little picky about a quiet place, but this passed with flying colors. And a few nights later, I ended up staying the other hostal, Posada del Maple, and it was also very nice.

Check Quito Hotel Deals