Hospital S.Maria Nuova

055 275 81

Hospital S.Maria Nuova Florence Reviews

kristinou kristinou
Jul 31, 2007
When someone is writing about holidays and journeys the last thing one wants to mention is hospitals and health issues! Unfortunately, for me, I have to write this review to help other travellers that might experience health problems like me.

The case goes like this: I go to Florence happy happy happy and after a 2days or so I get this horrible stomach pain (after buying Mussels from the nearest supermarket and eating them the night before) that just force me to bed and makes it impossible for me to move. After a day the pain continues plus a get really high fever! I dont want to get to a lot of details I went to the hospital a mess not knowing what was wrong and what I could do about it! And most importantly without knowing anything more than basic italian!

I went to the hospital, it's close to the center of florence, its in the center actually, very easy to find. The difficult thing was finding the emergency! So the Italian emergency is called DEA! and in order to enter Dea you have to press the button outside the shut door of DEA (in other words, ring the bell). Always carry your passport or a valid ID with you so a doctor could see you immediately!

The hospital S.Maria Nuova is concerned to be a kind of touristic hospital in the sense that they speak english there (or other foreign languages). In a sense they did try a lot to communicate with me and so did I but I warn you is not easy!

My overall exeprience was good: They treated me immediately, they did all the necessary exams and lots of different doctors checked me to be sure that I was fine. The disadvantages were: 1.communication difficulties 2.it lasted for almost a whole night (without it needing to take so long)

So i would reccomend to anyone unlucky enough to visit a hospital in italy to try and have someone that speaks the language with him and have all the necessary papers(passports etc) so they treat him immediately.
Galadrims says:
for what I see it wasn't that pleasant your visit at the hospital, what is important is that you are better now.
But Thank's for the tips!!
Posted on: Aug 14, 2007