Hospedaje Misti

Check Tarapoto Hotel Deals

Hospedaje Misti Tarapoto Reviews

andrejav andrejav
Hospedaje Misti Nov 06, 2011
I arrived to Tarapoto after eight hour trip from Pedro Ruiz, which I did not expect, probably hoping that bus can do that in 4-5 hours… It was already a night time so I used one of Moto taxis to get to the center of the town and consulted my travel book about cheep and good hostels. Swarms of moto taxis seem to be major employer for the man in town, and they are very colorful with custom cabin paint jobs and some intricate string designs. Bus terminal is a bit away from the town, so transportation is necessary. Tarapoto also has an airport that is surprisingly big, nice, clean and very new… Road to the airport is on awkwardly horrible and full of holes, but it looks like they are going to fix it.

Hostel is only three blocks from the central park, and close to most of the shops, banks, restaurants and internet joints. There is no WiFi internet in the hostel so you have to find place in the area. Closest one is two blocks away and works till late hours (price was around 2 soles per hour). I paid 20 soles for dorm (they asked for 30, but I worked on the price because hostel was empty), but they placed me in the single private room with TV and restroom. Bed was very comfortable, bedding clean, restroom and shower in good order, and small fan made sure that air flows in the room. I love when hostels put effort to make things nice and orderly, and in Misty I got towel, toilet paper and soap neatly placed on my bed (which is not really usual thing to see). Furniture and things in hostel are not new, but well maintained and clean. Owners are more than friendly, talkative people, and you can get any information if you just have some time and some knowledge of Spanish.

Entrance is separate from the street with iron bars that give some security, but police station next door makes that iron door kind of not necessary in a first place. I don’t know if any “suspicious character” would dare to pass guy with machine gun and try to brake in the rooms. As usual, I was warned about people stealing, but hostel was super safe and enjoyable.

This was the only hostel that I found, but there is also a number of hotels around the city plaza, with kind of affordable prices. Night life is a bit outside of the city, and it looks pretty good and vibrant. In the center there is one street with few bars and restaurants where chill crowd enjoys their nights.

Many tours can make your stay even nicer, and hostel has book full of pictures, stories and maps of what you can expect in surrounding area. Mostly they are tours of the jungle and protected areas. I did not have time to get on this tours, but couple of people in the hostel were very happy to share their experience.

In general I had a great time, and I warmly suggesting this place.
Really great traditional soup
Moto-taxi heaven
Mountains on the way to Tarapoto
Africancrab says: