Hope Valley Cafe & Market

14255 California 88, Hope Valley, USA

Hope Valley Cafe & Market Reviews

Shari559 Shari559
Good food in a Great location! Jul 25, 2009
Hidden in the mountains south of Lake Tahoe in California, within hundreds of miles of National Forest Lands is a beautiful little place called the Hope Valley Resort & Campground. This is a place where camping, hiking, swimming, and family fun are regular occurances.

On June 13th, 2009, I was able to experience a day in this enchanting place. My brothers and I walked around the campgrounds and down to the river and the views were amazing. And after a nice walk and some chit-chat with friends and family, my stomach felt a little empty. So we headed up to the Hope Valley Cafe & Market for some lunch.

As we entered the cafe, I noticed that it was small, but very charming. The menu was simple and not too expensive. One thing in particular caught my eye - a Garden Burger with Sundried Tomato Mayonaise. I'm not a vegetarian by any means, but this sounded really good so I ordered it. When it came out I wasn't sure I could eat it all for it was such a huge sandwich with an abundant pile of thin, crispy french fries. I took my first bite and thought "This is scrumptious!" I highly recommend this sandwich if you come here. My brothers both ordered the Burgers and the same huge portions arrived at the table. Each of these sandwiches ranged from $7.00 to $8.00 and worth every penny.

After lunch, we walked around the Market and I noticed the tempting home-made pastries that were available and the Tahoe Trail Bars. I was too full to even think about getting one, but they looked fantastic. Coffees and Lattes and even beer on tap is served here. This is a place where you can relax and enjoy a fabulous meal, a drink and pleasant conversation with locals.

Visit Hope Valley when you get the chance, and I hope your adventure was as enjoyable as mine.
Small and quaint, but the food is …
Take a short walk through the camp…
roamin says:
Congrats on your feature!! Sounds like a nice time ;)
montecarlostar says:
Congrats on your feature!
Koralifix says:
Congrats on being featured today! Very well done!
Posted on: Jul 27, 2009

Compare Kirkwood Hotel Rates (14.6km away)

Hope Valley Cafe & Market Map