Hookah Cafe

Hookah Cafe - hookah

Hookah Cafe New Orleans Reviews

yadilitta yadilitta
Hookah Bar in New Orleans - Hookah Cafe Oct 17, 2008
I went to Hookah Cafe with Shannon during my last night in New Orleans. We both like Middle Eastern food and this was the perfect choice!

It's located at the start of the popular Frenchmen St (a good place to begin the night), this place offers a little taste of the Middle East. It's really spacious and open with cool decor. Great atmosphere! Comfy chairs, sofas, floor pillows are spread throughout the place. Very nice for lounging. It's certainly a nice place to come chill out.

The food is really fantastic. We got 2 appetizers, the hummus and the goat cheese dumplings with an orange-ginger sauce, both of them were delicious. Also they have a great selection of beers and some cocktails.

Although we didn't smoke, I could notice they had a wide selection of flavored tobacco in many interesting tastes, offering interesting combinations of shisha flavors.

This place is popular among the locals, so if you are planning to go with a large group, I'll suggest to make a reservation.

I have been here just once, but definitely I'd love to come back my next time in New Orleans :)

UPDATE: Due to some problems with license, they had to move. The new location will be published on their website soon. Hopefully, it will be sooner than later :P
great decor
gilbir says:
I am the owner of this business. Hookah Cafe has reopened as The Hookah, at 309 Decatur Sreet (in the French Quarter). The new business is somewhat different than the previous: Hookah Cafe was a Restaurant, Lounge, & Venue; now The Hookah is a Nightclub, Lounge & Venue. Much of the prior staff has returned and the management has remained the same. Currently we are open Thursdays-Sunday (9pm Th&Sun, 10pm Fri&Sat). Hope ya'll come check it out!
Posted on: Nov 27, 2009
yadilitta says:
hope they re-open soon... according with their website they should do it.
Posted on: Nov 03, 2009
LeighBR says:
Yeah, very disappointing. It was a fun place.
Posted on: Nov 03, 2009