Hongdae Guesthouse

world-traveller123 world-tr…
A Good Affordable Way to Stay in Seoul Oct 19, 2012
Hongdae Guesthouse

159-6 Donggyo-dong Mapo-gu, Seoul 121-816, South Korea

The location is very strategic. The building is above the Hongik Univ subway which also connected to the airport railway. It took only 30 seconds from the subway exit to reach the main entrance to the hostel's building. The hostel is on the 3rd floor. Just across the road is the heart of Hongdae.

The hostel provides lockers, fresh linen, towel and blanket. There is a computer in each room for public use. Free wifi. There is also a small space for kitchenette so you can cook simple dish in the room. Besides that, there are hair dryers, iron, kettle and drinking water inside the dorm. The toilet is attached to the dorm, which is a bonus.

The management use electronic door lock. All guests have to key in the password in order to open their dorm's door. And the password will be changed every 3-5 days. So it is very safe.

Breakfast is provided in the main hall. A simple toast with peanut butter and jam. And coffee.

Check in is nice you walk into an interesting office and meet the owner who is really funny and friendly. They arrange DMZ tours for you at any time and very helpful.

So if your looking for luxury this is not the place to go to. But if on a budget this is decent. A place to sleep and leave your stuff. Its near so many cheap places to eat and buy things. Metro is close. The main nightlife of area is just outside your window, you can see it.

I recommend this place to anyone. Its better if you travel in a group of people then you can all book the room together. I recommend this to singles, even couples on a budget.
CortezRolando CortezRo…
Home Sweet Hongdae Mar 26, 2011
One of the best places I have ever stayed for the amount of money. I would have easily paid more but glad I didn't have to. I really felt like I was staying with a friend when I was there. Everyone on the staff treated me like family. Anything I needed they took care of or found a way that I could take care of it. The location is perfect and when I return to Seoul I will make sure that I stop by and say hello to my friends there. I would recommend this place to anyone. The best part about this place is how I found it. I would have never found it without the help of my best friend in the entire world, and fellow TB Member, HarlemRose. Thanks Harlem.
Zan5hin Zan5hin
Great hostel option in Seoul May 15, 2011
Really good hostel, easy to get to from airport, close to station and plenty of places to eat. Big rooms, good internet access and security. Friendly owner, plenty of help available. Moved to Hongdae Yellow Submarine when this one was full and I do prefer the 2.0 but would have no problem staying here again.

Check Seoul Hotel Deals