Hongdae Area

Seoul, South Korea

Hongdae Area Seoul Reviews

Calann Calann
Hongdae at night Jun 21, 2012
Hongdae doesn't seem to ever close. We went for a quick meal at about 11pm. We first went to 'Fish and grill' which brought us out a mixed platter and a huge jug of beer for very cheap. We sat on the veranda talking and watching the youngsters go by until about 4am, as it was always so busy the time had rushed by we hadn't realised it was so late. We popped down to 'Beerholic' as the name intrigued us and were served Ddeokbokki and got to watch a football match.

There seem to be plenty of bars, tattoo shops and fortune tellers. We were two women travelling alone and never felt in danger or that the area had turned from fun to sleazy. Definitely somewhere to visit for the young or young at heart.
aude38 aude38
really good nightlife Jun 03, 2011
Hongdae in South korea is a district of Seoul and well known for its really good nightlife,

if you go there you can find everything you might like, whatever music style karaoke or bar you want to go...

A lot of Korean ppl are hanging out there, and it's also full of non-korean resident;

you can reach the area by subway but at night you might have to take a taxi for the ride back because subway are only up till 1am and wont start again before 6am. Be careful to get a taxi which wont charge you a fixed price(really common at night in Hongdae) because you may pay a lot more than a regular taxi would charge you at the end of the ride.
camills camills
Hongdae Jun 21, 2011
Hongdae is a great area in Korea. If you enjoy partying you will have a good time. Foreigners and locals party together with the bars/clubs not closing until 7 or 8 in the morning. It is also a great area during the daytime with great foreign restaurants and artsy clothing stores. Overall it's a great area both night/day time.
tweety79 tweety79
Hongdae Nightlife Mar 21, 2011
Hongdae is an area full of bars and little outdoor food stalls. The best being the Jiajungmun food tent, it is the best. This area is street lined with bars around every corner. There is also a park area where young talents play their music while you can just sit and chill. Really good atmostphere.

Related Travel Blogs About Hongdae Area

I finally had a sleep
I arrived to Korea yesterday, and went to my Couchsurfing's host home. After I was soooo tired, cause I cannot sleep in the plane, but as she offered to go to the party it would be so unpol…area in Seoul- Hongdae. Of course we've forgotten about the fact, that in this city metro…
COEX Mall, Myeongdond & off to Hongdae on my last night!
It was my last day in Seoul.  Karen had left earlier that morning back to Hong Kong for a couple of weeks before returning to CT. My friend, Al, was busy with work, and Sae who returned fr…Hongdae is one of Seoul nightlife area - filled with resturants, bars, clubs, and street food vendors! We met up with…
First Night In Korea, In My Backyard,
Right after landing in Korea amidst an incoming Typhoon with sweltering heat never diminishing below 30'c, I had to get settled in. Which of course invloved me finding the guesthouse I was staying at…Seoul, and not just the Hongdae area. The drink selection was not really any different to what you would find…

Check Seoul Hotel Deals