Hong Kong Tai Wan Hotel

tsim sha tsui, Hong Kong

Compare Kaohsiung Hotel Rates (11.1km away)

Hong Kong Tai Wan Hotel tsim sha tsui Reviews

lonlee2 lonlee2
Infamous, but Cheap for the good location. Feb 13, 2013
This place is not for the week of heart! Angelique and I had stayed close by the previous year, where our room had been given away and we shared a less than pleasant, 8x8 room. My room was better this time. But the hotel itself was interesting to say the least.

The hotel is located in Block A, 3rd Floor of the Chungking Mansions, Numbers 36-44, Nathan Road in the Tsim Sha Tsui area. Now, we didn't have any sort of trouble, mind you. The room had locks, a/c, tv, a small but private bath. But my buddy remembered hearing the name "Chungking Mansions", which our hotel was a part of, and asked me to Google it. Turns out the place is quite infamous for drugs, money laundering and murder. But the pictures looked ok on the Agoda.com web site! The place has at least a dozen hotel/hostels in it. Housing primarily Pakistani food stalls (tasty) and merchants selling every imaginable knock-off article of clothing, electronics and suitcases. It is a labyrinth of hallways and elevators. Just be warned.

Like I said, my room was ok. Had the essentials for a couple nights rest. Seemed relatively clean. Smelled of bleach though the linens were quite tread bare. My buddy and I had gotten a Quad room. Basically sleeps 4 in two full size beds. Being Westerners, I opted for size. For Angelique, I reserved a single. No private bath was available. So she used ours rather than sharing with the rest of the hotel! Her room was about 5.6x7. It was tiny. Thankfully, so is she!!!

This place is do able in a pinch, which we were. Chinese New Years' fills all the nicer rooms quickly. The price was higher too. Same room is half price during non holidays. If you are adventurous and on a budget, this is the place. I'll be at the Holiday in next year!!!
Angelique in her "room".
Angelique stretching out in her ro…
Our bathroom. Beware long legs!!!
Chokk says:
That was a small room ;)
Posted on: Feb 27, 2013

Compare Kaohsiung Hotel Rates (11.1km away)

tsim sha tsui Map