Hong Kong - Macau Ferry (Turbojet)

Canton Road 3, Kowloon, Hong Kong
www.turbojet.com.hk - +(852) 2859 3333

Hong Kong - Macau Ferry (Turbojet) Kowloon Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Fast and easy - a bit pricy on first class Jan 25, 2012
I wanted to visit Macau while I was in Hong Kong but the challenge was that I had the same idea as thousands of other people and especially Chinese people from the main land. I only managed to get a ticket on Super Class that set me back 281 HK$ each way, but I still found it acceptable. Honestly I didn’t mind paying the fare because it would probably be the same amount in Europe.

The check-in procedure went okay both in Hong Kong and Macau and the ferry left on time both ways. The super class was on first floor but due to the bad grey weather it was not possible to see anything on the way between the places.

The seats were really comfortable and there was water and a sandwich each way. The trip went quite fast and I quite enjoyed it because it was quite relaxing. The ferry was full both ways and I was amazed about the amount of people the ferry could carry.

I had a quite comfortable ride both ways but I had heard from others that had pretty rough sea that the trip could be pretty hard.
On the way to the ferry
The waiting area
Boarding the ferry
The Super Class on the first floor…
Chokk says:
Ha, ha - thanks
joehobo says:
Super class review from a super cool man..cHEERS
Airportman says:
The faster, the better.. Especially when the sea is rough, then the trip is over more quicker
ariwardani ariwarda…
24 hours available for you Jan 06, 2011
When you are in Macau, take your hotel's shuttle bus to reach Macau Ferry Terminal. Normally, hotels in Macau provide their own shuttle busses that goes from hotel to Ferry Terminal. As I stated earlier, it's free of charge.

When you go to Hong Kong from Macau, there are 2 destinations in Hongkong: Shun Tak Center in Hongkong Island and Tsim Sha Tsui (TST) in Kowloon. For Shun Tak Center, the ferries are operated by Turbojet while for TST, it is run by First Ferry. The price between those two operators is slightly different. First Ferry's price is a bit higher than Turbojet. Ferries from Hong Kong to Macau (both operators) are more expensive than from Macau to Hong Kong although the route is exactly the same. I don't know why but there must be some calculations and considerations regarding this pricing policy.

In Macau Ferry Terminal, there are 2 types of ticketing counters. If we are facing them, the counters on the left side is for people buying ticket for future trip while on the right side, the counters are for people who will take the trip now.

The ferry runs every 15 minutes: at 09.00 am, 09.15 am, 09.30 am, 10.00 am, 10.15 am and so on. The ticketing counters on the right side only sell tickets of the ferry that will leave within the next 15 minutes from the last departed one. For example: if it is 09.05 am then if you buy tickets from the right side counters, last departed should be at 09.00 am. It means that your ferry will depart in 09.15 am and you only have less than 10 minutes to drag your luggages to luggages ticketing counter that is located a bit at the back of the building, on the same floor. Usually, for practical reason and/or for saving reason, people just take their luggages with them into the passenger cabin as long as the size of the luggages is cabin size or at least standard size.

Overall, you don't need to book prior to your departure time because by booking it, you tie-up yourself into the certain schedule. In case you miss - the supposed to be - your ferry, your ticket is no longer valuable. You can not use it for the next schedule departed. It means your money for buying the tickets is gone. So, just come to the ferry terminal and buy your ticket on the spot.
One of the Turbojet ferries.
Waiting to depart.
ariwardani says:
Thanks, Angelita! Glad that I can help you to plan for your next trip. Hope you enjoy it the same as I did! Happy travelling!
Posted on: Mar 15, 2011
flamingomaximus says:
so timely! it helps me chalkin' out my travel plans to HK - Macau this coming june. hope the weather will be - friend to us so we will not experience sea sickening rides. thanks for the info anyway :)
Posted on: Mar 15, 2011
ariwardani says:
Really? I'm also very easy to have seasick but this ferry and the sea was friendly at the time I went.. Did you still remember when you took the ferry, was it in the morning, afternoon or night? I think it also depends on the weather, tides, etc..that makes the journey comfortable or not..
Posted on: Jan 23, 2011

Compare Causeway Bay Hotel Rates (4km away)

Hong Kong - Macau Ferry (Turbojet) Map