Hong Kong Hostel

Hong Kong Hostel Rates and Deals

Hong Kong Hostel Reviews

indiantechie indiante…
It's not hostel it's an shared apartment. Jan 06, 2012
Well This is not a hostel for backpacker. It's shared apartment. I was very disappointed and sad to see this is an apartment and 8 people are sharing a small room with one toilet and bathroom. It was winter time and water was very cold. I booked this hostel for 3 night but didn't say there. I moved to another hostel. But Location is very nice. There are so many shopping center near and many resto. are there
contrabandkarma contraba…
Brilliant location for a decent price Jan 18, 2011
If you want to stay on Hong Kong Island instead of Kowloon, Hong Kong Hostel is the place for you. It's in an excellent location: near Sogo, directly opposite the agnès b. cafe and in the same building as Fashion Walk. Just a corner away from Causeway Bay MTR station too!

Cleanliness is decent, but the room I got was rather old-looking – I assume all the rooms are similar. The bed was rock-hard, but I guess you can't really quibble for the price you're paying and the prime location.

You'll be asked to pay a HKD100 deposit upon check-in, which is refunded upon checking out. I didn't see any real common area like you'd expect in some other hostels, so didn't get to interact with other hostel guests. If that's a must-have for you, then I'd advise you to go elsewhere. If you're looking for a relatively affordable place in a great location, this is it.
walsh07 walsh07
Very bad hostel! Apr 25, 2011
Im going to try and warn people NOT to stay here!

After a year of travelling many countries, this hostel was by FAR the worst!

VERY unfriendly, unhelpful sketchy staff! They do not care for your custom, very rude, do not care about speaking with any form of manors or hospitality. Infact they are hardly ever in the (so called) reception area.

This hostel also runs under a number of different names which prevents bad reviews from being published.

The hostel also has a legal battle going on which according to the letter downstairs has been on going and status the hostel is technically running illigal..

I would not recommend the stay, the staff, the vile beds, the showers which dont work but i do recommend the location!
JeAr JeAr
Great Location!!! Dec 06, 2008
Hong Kong Hostel, located in what they call Fashion Walk, is an ideal place to stay in HK if you're on a budget (like I was). The location is excellent, only a few steps from the nearest MTR station (Causeway Bay) and some really nice stores. Basically, everything is just an MTR ride away. The area is also clean and quiet at the right time of the day, so all good!

I stayed in a dorm room with four beds (two were occupied when I checked in) and an attached bathroom. At HKD150, it's the cheapest in the hostel. The dorms are located at the second floor of Kingston Building, which is just across the street from Paterson Building where the front desk and the other rooms are (single, double, triple). Our room was clean and warm enough, and the bathroom as well (although colder than the bedroom because of the windows, I think). Not a big fan of the shower, though - mixing hot and cold water's never my forte :D

To get inside each building, you would need to enter a security code, so I would advise that you make an advanced booking to avoid the trouble of waiting for a resident to go in. By the way, the room keys come with a HKD100 deposit, which make sure you get back when you check out. There's free internet, but no free breakfast.

The staff was accommodating enough, although only a couple of them speak English. They also sell call cards for international calls; calling a Hong Kong number is free. The phone is in the same room where the two computers for internet use are, in Paterson Building.

Check out their website for more information.
the bath
JeAr says:
hahaha! mabuti naman at ito'y nakatulong sa iyong kalagayan :D
Posted on: Jan 13, 2009
nomaden says:
wow, itoy isang ginintuang impormasyon para sa mga magHohongkong na walang pera gaya ko. :D hehehe.. thanks for the tip j.
Posted on: Jan 13, 2009
JeAr says:
salamat friend! nalito lang ako, aling new look? :D
Posted on: Dec 27, 2008
sweep73 sweep73
Dec 29, 2006
This hostel is in prime location, directly oppostie Jordan station in Kowloon, giving easy access to Hong Kong island. I stayed in a triple room which was nice. Shower wasnt great but the room was clean and the staff at first seemed nice. We enquired about kitchen facilities and half way through our stay a fridge was brought in and a new more powerful shower fitted. This was good but should really have been done before we got there saving us inconvenience seen as we had booked months in advance.

Unfortunately the staff showed their true colours when we wanted to stay one more night and they tried to rip us off completely. I tried to reason with the staff but\the supervisior was plain rude and ended up hanging up the phone on me! I rang back and said that wasnt acceptable from staff and she didnt care. I also highlighted how the staff fitting the shower walked in on my friend half naked without knocking, and she said 'so.' I was very disappointed by their manners.

Related Travel Blogs About Hong Kong Hostel

Day 1 - Shanghai - Nanjing Road
We arrived here by China Eatern Airline from Hong Kong in the afternoon. We have 4 people going together, Kerrie, Shirley ,Cheung Yan (Shirley's sister) and I. Kerrie, Shirley and I are secondary s…Hostel, Hong Kong. It's already a year that we haven't met each other. Back to the trip…
Seasick and Hungover
Oh My God I'm Gonna Die!That's what I thought the entire boat trip to Hong Kong. It was like a roller coaster ride, and not in a good way! We were moving up and down over the waves so much that no ma…Hong Kong Hostel. So, when the driver told me after just a few minutes that we're on Paterson…
Hong Kong! Maar waar is onze bagage?
Hey. Ik schrijf dit, doodop na een reis van 20+ uur (inclusief wachten, transfers etc) vanuit de kamer van ons Hostel in Hong Kong. Dus so far so good. We zitten in Hong Kong, We hebben een goed Host…Hostel in Hong Kong. Dus so far so good. We zitten in Hong Kong, We hebben…

Check Hong Kong Hostel Rates and Deals