Home Sweet Home

Check Arequipa Hotel Deals

Home Sweet Home Arequipa Reviews

Serena Serena
May 01, 2007
We stayed at Home Sweet Home in late April 2007 and we were very dissapointed. We had stayed in other places in this price range ($10 for a double with a private bath) that were much nicer in Peru. First off, they forgot to pick us up from the airport even though we gave them the flight number and everything. When the hotel information fellow called them, they told us to take a taxi and they would pay for it. Our room was one of the ones around the inside courtyard on the first floor. When we tried to sleep that night, there were people smoking and chatting in the courtyard right outside our door. I can fall asleep to most noises, everything from road noise to gun shots. But I cannot sleep when I am inhaling someone's second hand smoke! I barely slept at all. Then there was no hot water for the shower in the morning, I guess they ran out. We had asked them to call a taxi for us to take us to the airport the next day. So we paid the hotel bill which had "taxi" on it, which we assumed was for that departure night's taxi. Then after we had paid and the taxi arrived, they said that we would have to pay the driver directly! We said we had already paid and they said that that was for the day they didn't pick us up! And this was after they had agreed to pay for the taxi after on the phone. Needless to say, I would never recommend anyone that stay there. About the only good thing was that they had speedy laundry service but they are not the only game in town with that service.

Check Arequipa Hotel Deals