Home Lisbon Hostel

Check Lisbon Hotel Deals

Home Lisbon Hostel Reviews

mikeym mikeym
Memorable stay in a beautiful city Jan 25, 2015
There are multiple ways to get to this hostel. You may take the metro, Aerobus, or a taxi. Personally, I took the taxi which is the most expensive option of the three. To save myself trouble, I had the address readily available for the cab driver. When researching this hostel I noticed that they mentioned that you should never pay more than 15€ for the ride. Home is in the center of the historical Baixa district off Rue Agusta.

Cheaply priced you can not pass this place up. There are other floors to this building that are not occupied by the hostel so please be courteous. You will have to be buzzed in upon arrival and Home's reception/bar area is situated on the 2nd floor. You can either take the stairs or use the elevator. When finally checked in you will get a waterproof bracelet to wear that will allow you access to the front door and your room.

Cleanliness of the property exceeds standards. Dorms and bathrooms are immaculate, cleaned everyday on schedule and is signed off by staff members. The beds are probably some of the most comfortable I've slept in. The beds include a reading light and electrical outlet for your accessories. The beds also come with large drawers to lock up your belongings. For a quick reference, the drawers fit my 70L backpack plus my day bag and I still had room to lay out some things. I also brought my own lock but I'm sure you could rent one while there.

Lisbon is a late night party type destination. On that note, I stayed in a 4-person dorm and it got quite noisy at times. Bar crawls arranged by the hostel start at 11:30pm and people come staggering in all hours of the night, like 4:30am. It definitely sucks if you're a light sleeper so I suggest you invest in

some ear plugs. Bathrooms are great, spacious and clean. The whole building uses motion lighting to save electricity which I thought was awesome.

Service is exceptional. This place is looked after by family and they are incredibly friendly and they go out of their way to make you feel welcome. When I arrived, one of the girls at the front desk offered a small Ginja drink before even being asked about my reservation. One suggestion I would like to make is that you MUST sign up for one of Mama's dinners. The owners' mother comes in to make dinner for their guests, truly an amazing experience that will always stay with me. The vibe of this place is super special and you can definitely call it HOME.

Check Lisbon Hotel Deals