Rapperswil, Switzerland

Holzbruecke Rapperswil Reviews

laura136 laura136
The most magical, best view of the mountains in the world :) (free of tourists and for free!) Jul 05, 2011
Holzbruecke literally means wooden bridge. This may sound dull but trust me it is literally one of the undiscovered wonders of the world. It is a wooden bridge built across the south end of the magnificent lake Zuerich. Get off the S-bahn at Hurden station and then walk from the station, across the wooden bridge above the lake.

The lake is so peaceful with lots of wildlife and birds all around. It is so tranquil and you can't help relax.

But the best thing is the incredible view you get of the 'Voralpen' mountains. I cried the first time I saw them (and I don't cry easily) purely because of how amazing they look. I would recommend going early evening when the sun is beginning to set, it truly is stunning.

I think it is good either with friends/couple as it is lovely to share, or if you are alone for some peaceful alone time. I cannot recommend this undiscovered little hidden gem that I stumbled across.

Check Rapperswil Hotel Deals