Holy Week in Manila

Manila, Philippines

Holy Week in Manila Reviews

wrnidea wrnidea
Apr 04, 2007
The Holy Week is regarded as one, if not, the most venerated period in the Philippines. My country is tagged as the only "Christian" country in Asia, and it is only fitting to take a few days off to make some spiritual introspection. This means that starting tomorrow, Maundy Thursday up to Black Saturday, all roads would lead to the churches filled with pious to commemorate Christ's Passion and Death that earned for us merits of eternal life. The next days or so would also be light and since businesses would be at a standstill until Tuesday next. Although, some would be trooping to the local churches, a few others would take the chance to travel to the nearby provinces to relax. Some would even bask in the sun in the provincial beaches to enjoy the break and bond with family, friends or relations.

Whether one would do things with a spiritual or mundane fervor, it the next days or so life would carry on a different tempo and enjoy it to the fullest. It is a celebration of Life to the fullest. Moreso, it is the time to constantly count our blessings and see to it that we bless God, ourselves and others too. Looking into the next days in the spiritual context, personally, I always longed for Easter Sunday--2 days after Good Friday. After the pains, sacrifices, transgressions (weaknesses and all) and denials, life moves on and in the end, we all emerge victorious. I just wish that you all could see that too. :)
stuartx13 says:
I like your post it really let you see whats under the hood of things
Posted on: Nov 11, 2007