Holy Trinity church

  based on 1 review   write a review

Drnovice, Czech Republic

Holy Trinity church Drnovice Reviews

eledhwen eledhwen
9 reviews
Holy Trinity church Sep 09, 2006
Probably already in the 13th century stood a chapel in Drnovice. First written mention about it is from the year 1525. A year later Ctibor from Drnovice let it reshape into a church. A writing on the church's vault preserved from those times. During the years 1883-88 was the church completely rebuilt. Further big improvements were done in the year 1945 and in the year 1965. After 1989 the whole interior of the church was repaired. The last adjustments to the church were done in the year 2000.

The church has a Gothic presbytery, irregular star vault. The main altar of the Holy Trinity comes from the 2nd half of the 17th century. The pulpit is from the same time. The statues and most of the paintings are from the 1st half of the 18th century. Inside of the church you can find the tomb of the knights Drnovsky from Drnovice from the year 1522 and the tombs of the family Schlagern (one of the later owners). At the autumn of the year 1996 there was unveiled a monument to the victims of the WWI.
Join TravBuddy to leave comments, meet new friends and share travel tips!

Compare Boskovice Hotel Rates (9.1km away)

Drnovice Map
photo by: eledhwen