Holy Land Diner

n/a - (217) 544-5786

Holy Land Diner Springfield Reviews

ahtibat17 ahtibat17
Holy Land Diner Apr 08, 2010
Holy Land Diner has been one restaurant that I've been itching to try while here in Springfield. Located in Vinegar Hill Mall (a small strip mall), it's within walking distance of the Capitol.

I dined at lunch, getting there right after noon. It was busy, but there are plenty of seats. They offer a lunch buffet, so that's what I got. A sampling of the Greek and Lebanese food choices. There was a salad section with lettuce and tomatoes, both green and black olives and amazing feta cheese. The feta was awesome, SOO creamy and crumbly and fresh. There were two soups, lentil and another, but I didn't try either. The buffet had pitas, hommous, falafil (so good!), glazed chicken wings, and an okra dish (that had corn, so I wasn't crazy about it), and gyro meat. It was delicious! The lunch buffet was $6.99, not including drink.

The offer an evening buffet nightly, with the Saturday evening buffet being vegetarian. They also offer a menu, and I am anxious to return to try some of their lamb dishes.

Afaf, the owner of Holy Land Diner is so incredibly friendly. This was my first time eating here, but she made me feel like I'd been coming here for years. She's Lebanese, and enjoys sharing her culture with patrons, and she's one busy lady! Running around greeting customers, cleaning table, running the cash register and still so friendly!
a sampling of the lunch buffet
Andy99 says:
Very interesting. There are many restaurants here that are operated by Greek or Lebanese proprietors. Some focus on Eastern Mediterranean cuisine while others are more generalized.
Posted on: Apr 08, 2010