Holiday Inn Windsor Downtown

Holiday Inn Windsor Downtown Rates and Deals

Holiday Inn Windsor Downtown Reviews

Chokk Chokk
A real Downtown Hotel Aug 21, 2011
Holiday Inn Downtown Windsor is actually situated downtown Windsor; I have often driven to hotels that I thought was situated somewhere that their name relates to just to find out that the name is a marketing stunt; but not in this case.

I drove straight into the roof parking only to find that I could not enter before I registered at the reception. Just next to the entrance there were two parking spaces for quick registration that I had missed and so did others as well; I saw that during my stay. The girl in the reception was friendly but very busy; while I tried to register the phones rang constantly with bookings and call transfers.

She found me in the system and I could start my two-day stay in the hotel. I had booked earlier this morning in search of a downtown stay for a fair price. I would not say it was cheap but no hotels in the city center was; probably due to the close proximity to the casino. I was given a room on the 7th floor as I had booked a king size room.

I went out and moved my car to the roof parking before the car would be towed away. The had a sign stating that they would do that if the car was standing there more than 5 minutes, which was a strange remark, when you are completely dependent on the rapidness of the person working in the reception. The roof parking was a mess; the designer of it probably killed himself after seeing the final result because it was really mediocre; cars and containers and garbage in one mess.

There was an entrance going in to the building and I therefore arrived at my room shortly after. The room was okay not more. I have stayed in many Holiday Inns and this was far from the best. The room was okay but decorated with an old fashion feel to it. The wallpaper was beige with a soft flower pattern in it. The furniture was dark and the windows were almost covered as I entered. The first thing I did was to remove the curtains to get some light in there.

The bed was nice and a huge king size; just as I wanted and what I always go for in North America. Here Europe definitely could learn something, but a bed like this would hardly fit in some of the Parisian hotel rooms that I had over the years. There was a working desk in the corner but there was no mini bar in this hotel as well. The bathroom was a bit old fashion but otherwise quite nice.

There was no breakfast in the hotel but there was a restaurant attached to the ground level section where you could have it. The restaurant would also assist if you were in the need of room service. I did not use this facility but that was what the receptionist told me at the point of check-in.

I later heard that this was a party hotel that people from Detroit that were headed for the casino and down town Windsor used this hotel as a base camp but I must say that I did not hear anything that disturbed me.
The Bathroom
The room
The sink in the bathroom
The hotel lobby
Vanessa_Mun_Yee says:
Hi Christian, congrats on your featured!
andreamylesa says:
congrats on your feature review. :)
seangee says:
Congrats- party spot, indeed.
seangee seangee
Downtown Party Spot Aug 14, 2010
Some friends and I stayed here when the Final Four was going on in Detroit. The location is great, it is on the main strip of where everything is going on. It is also located right next to the exit of the tunnel from the USA. As soon as you emerge from the tunnel the hotel is on your right, so its probably a good idea to take the tunnel to save time.The rooms were clean, if you have problems with smoke get a non-smoking room as the others smell quite pungent. They also have a shuttle bus that runs to the casino about twice an hour, its nice in the winter but the casino is within walking distance. The hotel is a little expensive for a Holiday Inn, but it is in the right spot. Overall I would have to suggest it for a weekend in Windsor.

Holiday Inn Windsor Downtown Overview

Guests at the Holiday Inn Downtown Windsor (Ontario) will be in the middle of shops, restaurants, attractions and nightlife. The property is close to Caesars Windsor Casino and Convention Center, Chrysler Theater, Festival Plaza and Windsor Water World.

There are 145 guest rooms with free Internet access at the Holiday Inn Downtown Windsor (Ontario). Accommodations also feature air conditioners, desks, hair dryers, irons with ironing boards, televisions, armchairs with ottoman, coffee/tea makers, and bathtubs.

The Holiday Inn Downtown Windsor (Ontario) has many facilities. Guests will find an executive floor, bar/pub, guest laundry, meeting facilities, restaurant, indoor pool, gym, and business center. Facilities for the disabled and safety deposit boxes are provided as well.

Holiday Inn Windsor Downtown Amenities

• Full-service catering
  • Disabled Accessible Rooms
  • Disabled Parking
  • Fitness Facilities
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower