Holiday Inn Skopje

Holiday Inn Skopje Rates and Deals

Holiday Inn Skopje Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Really nice hotel in the centre of the city Aug 19, 2010
It had been a long day drive with loads of impressions and it was almost dark when I arrived in Skopje. I had not booked any hotel because I had troubles getting on the internet at the hotel in Beograd and I was not really sure that I would reach all the way to Skopje as well.

I had looked some days in advance so I knew there were a lot of hotels in the city centre and since I was staying for a couple of days I wanted to find a hotel right in the middle of it all, so I could walk the streets and home when I became tired.

Hotel signs turned out to be quite difficult to follow and my GPS was still shit in this region. I finally decided to check into the Holiday Inn which was situated close to the Vardar River and next to a shopping mall and still pretty close to the city centre.

The holiday Inn was a yellow hotel that was up lighted so it was hard to miss. I turned into the hotel and a guard opened the gate to the hotel and showed me to a parking behind the main entrance. I left my stuff in the car and went in and talked to the guy in the reception. The guys had not many smiles to share and his empathy reminded me a little about the monster of Frankenstein.

They had of cause loads of rooms so I took one with a king size bed and picked up my stuff in the car with a help from the hotel. The bellboy was funny and we started to talk; I was asking about the city, the currency while he was asking about my car, which he would buy in 45 years he said with a smile.

The room turned out to be really nice in an “altmodisch” kind of style, but everything was perfect; especially the flower curtains brought me back in time. I also liked the size, the bed and the bath room and that is usually enough for me.

I quickly left the room to get a feel of the city and to find a place to eat. Frankenstein guided me to the nearest ATM in the neighbouring shopping mall so there was almost bonding.

The night was quiet in the hotel except that I had to have the airco on all the time due to the heat. Next morning I woke up fresh and left for the breakfast on the first floor. I was pretty late because it was 9.30 am and the buffet looked a little bit amputated but they had loads of different vegetables fried in egg that just tasted wonderful; I was especially fond of their chilli’s and their white peppers that actually was quite spicy.

They also had a great selection of yogurt natural which I really liked as well. The coffee was brought to the table all the time with was nice.

The best part of the hotel is actually its proximity to both the Vardar promenade and the both the old and the new city. It was not clear to me before after the first night that this place was situated this good. It is perfect for going out eating, having a drink or visiting the casino which is situated next to the hotel.
The hotel from acros the street
The entrance of my room
My bathroom
My bed
Chokk says:
Completely agree :D
Posted on: Aug 20, 2011
ilkagx says:
it is a nice hotel on great location!
Posted on: Aug 19, 2011
Chokk says:
Yes - it was nice to find so good quality here - I was surprised
Posted on: Sep 03, 2010

Holiday Inn Skopje Overview

Holiday Inn Skopje is situated in the heart of the city, next to the most important Government and administrative offices, shopping centres, theatres, museums and cinemas. The hotel is only 25 km far from the international airport Aleksandar Veliki and is most convenient for business as well as for leisure travellers.Holiday Inn Skopje offers 178 comfortable rooms and suites on 9 floors.Each room is equipped with bath, air conditioning system,mini bar,direct telephone line with voice mail system,computer sockets, internet access, satellite and pay TV.One room is specially designed and equipped for disabled persons.Feel the pleasant atmosphere of the restaurant®Iris® and enjoy the tasty international dishes or try the Macedonian meals and wines at the national restaurant®Ogniste®.The Aperitif Bar is ideal meeting place offering a variety of domestic and international beverages, coffees and snacks.The Meeting Network Programme has been developed to make your meeting run as smoothly as possible.The hotel has 8 different conference halls with capacity for up to 700 persons,with natural daylight and excellent technical support.The business centre is open 24 hours, offering workstations, printers, fax machine and HS Wirreless internet access After a long business day, you can relax at the Hotel sauna or gym.Or you can try your luck in the magic world of ®Le Grand® Casino

Holiday Inn Amenities

• Disabled Accessible Rooms
  • Wheel Chair Access
  • Fitness Facilities
  • Health Centre
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • En suite